TR to RIR conversion tracker

Case type changed from TR to RIR

Hi,
I just checked the web site and saw the case type changed to RIR from TR
We did not send any conversion request to the BRC as my recruitment was completed in 2004 before it was sent to SFO from AZ, which was then sent to Dallas BRC

Need to know if this is normal or any other screw up on the Dallas side

Is any one else in this position

My PD - Dec 2002
EB2 TR from AZ
45 day letter was received and sent back in june 2005

Thanks

It needs one print add apart from a posting on company website.

Read the FAQs Specially Answer to Question 19.

stuck_gc said:
TR-> RIR process only need 10 days post in company web site?
or it need post ad on local news paper as well?

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by a moderator:
dallasBlue said:
***correction ***
'Intent to Convert to RIR' sent to DBEC on 17Jan07
no response yet.

response received from dbec on 25jan07

PD - 03/04
case# - D-05222-979**
no 45day letter.
case continuation sent to dbec.
case status - TR; in process

xx_ping said:
not received it yet, one of my co-worker got it. send in Jan 5, he got it today.
respond received: Jan 29 2007
document submit: Jan 25 2007
Status change: not yet

How do I advertise a job position 4 years ago?

My lawyer received the response from PBEC with PW on Jan. 31, 2007, telling us we can start the recruiting process. (convertion request email sent on Jan. 19th).

I have a question.
I have a different title now than 4 years ago, a more senior one in the same job category.
When I do the ads on newspaper this time, do I need to write the job description, job requirements in the ads the same as 4 years ago?
Do I need to include the PW in the ads?
Thank you in advance.

cmishra,

Could you clarify a little more? The prevailing wage is for when the company agrees to pay 'AFTER' labor cert approved? or 'AFTER' we receive the "actual" plastic green card?

I also got prevailing wage determined from BEC back so much higher than a few years ago. If it's for 'After' received the actual green card (due to priority date), it'd take a few more years which is fine. But if it's for 'After' the labor cert is approved, that's not good.. So, please clarify. Thanks!!

cmishra said:
2. The company has to agree to pay 100% of the PW "AFTER" GC is issued.

dcDec2002 said:
My lawyer received the response from PBEC with PW on Jan. 31, 2007, telling us we can start the recruiting process. (convertion request email sent on Jan. 19th).

I have a question.
I have a different title now than 4 years ago, a more senior one in the same job category.
When I do the ads on newspaper this time, do I need to write the job description, job requirements in the ads the same as 4 years ago?
Do I need to include the PW in the ads?
Thank you in advance.
I am also in same situation. I have 6 yrs exp now. But the ads seeks for 2 yrs exp.

Future Job

The entire EB green card process is for a future job, now, what is that job ? It is that job whose description/requirments/skills are specified in the labor cert. The labor cert also mentions the salary that the employer should pay in the minimum (which happens to be 100% of the prevailing wage determination) for that future job.

In a nutshell, it is the salary that is payable when you start working on that EB green card. i.e after I-485 approval/consular processing ;)

re

HI, InTheMoment,

How is you RIR conversion goes? Has your application type changed to RIR? Let us know if you hear something. I also submit my conversion on Feb1.

thanks,

InTheMoment said:
The entire EB green card process is for a future job, now, what is that job ? It is that job whose description/requirments/skills are specified in the labor cert. The labor cert also mentions the salary that the employer should pay in the minimum (which happens to be 100% of the prevailing wage determination) for that future job.

In a nutshell, it is the salary that is payable when you start working on that EB green card. i.e after I-485 approval/consular processing ;)

Got Certified

I just checked the online tracker and it is certifed...yepppyyy. I am still waiting for my attorney to confirm. :D

Good luck Guys!!!

Case Status: Certified (on 2/6/2007)

SinceJune2002 said:
My attorney just filed RIR conversion on Jan 17, 2007. Any idea how long it may take to get certified. My details below:

CA / Non-RIR / EB3
PD : 06-10-2002
45D Letter Recv/Replied : 1-24-2006
TR to RIR Conversion Submitted : 1-17-2007
Case No: P-05172-XXXXX
Processing Type : TR (on 1/20/2007)
Case Status: In Process (on 1/20/2007)

Awesome..

SinceJune2002,

Awesome ! so it got converted on the 25th and certified on 6th !

Mine is still showing TR - In Process in BEC, Phila. PD is Mar 2004. RIR conversion pkg (with recruitment results) submitted, Jan 23 !

InTheMoment said:
SinceJune2002,

Awesome ! so it got converted on the 25th and certified on 6th !

Mine is still showing TR - In Process in BEC, Phila. PD is Mar 2004. RIR conversion pkg (with recruitment results) submitted, Jan 23 !
Hi InTheMoment,

These are some stats from colleagues working with me.

Case 1

PD OCT 2003 - TR. converted to RIR and packet sent on Jan 25th 2007.
Online status showed TR until Jan 29th 2007. Late Jan 29th evening it started showing RIR in process. Feb 02, 2007 4.15pm CST online status showed CERTIFIED.

Case 2

PD Mar 2003 - TR. Converted to RIR and packet sent on Jan 16th 2007. Online status showed TR until Jan 19th morning. By afternoon Jan 19th it changed to RIR in process. On Jan 25th 2007 afternoon the status changed to CERTIFIED. The attorney has received the hard copy last week.

I will post more info. if i come to know about other colleagues :)

Thanks

Thanks a bunch Kaushiks for these timelines. I wonder if these are from the Phila BEC.

Apparently, mine is taking a bit more time than usual ;) phew !

Few more.

Case 3.
PD Nov 2003 - TR. Intent to convert email was sent on Jan 17th 2007. Online status started showing up as RIR in process from Jan 19th 2007 evening. Converted to RIR and packet sent on Jan 22nd 2007. Current status RIR in process.

Case 4.
PD Oct 2003. TR. Converted to RIR and packet sent on Jan 17th 2007. Online status still showing TR in process.

All these are from DBEC.

InTheMoment said:
Thanks a bunch Kaushiks for these timelines. I wonder if these are from the Phila BEC.

Apparently, mine is taking a bit more time than usual ;) phew !

kaushiks said:
Few more.

Case 3.
PD Nov 2003 - TR. Intent to convert email was sent on Jan 17th 2007. Online status started showing up as RIR in process from Jan 19th 2007 evening. Converted to RIR and packet sent on Jan 22nd 2007. Current status RIR in process.

Case 4.
PD Oct 2003. TR. Converted to RIR and packet sent on Jan 17th 2007. Online status still showing TR in process.

All these are from DBEC.

Did they closed PBEC? :rolleyes:
There are no emails or certifications or AJB posting from them. Any ideas?

advertisement for 'intent to convert to rir'

What should be there in the sunday news paper advertisement ? do we have to mention the hourly/yearly pervailing wage ?

or

just generic ad like which goes like

"research , design , develop applications using blah blah blah & bachelors in cs or equiv , send resumes to hr"

any quick responses deeply appreciated.

regards & thanks,

You don't have to mention the hourly/yearly pervailing wage in Sunday ads, that's what my lawyer said.

Generic ad like what you describe is ok as long as it stays the same as the job description in ETA750A.

dcDec2002 said:
You don't have to mention the hourly/yearly pervailing wage in Sunday ads, that's what my lawyer said.

Generic ad like what you describe is ok as long as it stays the same as the job description in ETA750A.
I think you HAVE to mention the prevailing wage at 100% in ads. Otherwise, what's the point of DOL telling you prevailing wage before the recruitment!!

GCkiTalash said:
I think you HAVE to mention the prevailing wage at 100% in ads. Otherwise, what's the point of DOL telling you prevailing wage before the recruitment!!

I agree. If you look at the ajb listings it also shows the prevailing wage. I asked two separate attorneys and they all stated that you have to list it with the $$.