Tourist visa reentry-please help!

orena999

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I have a problem....My boyfriend- italian- entered usa on tourist visa (which is 3 months) but overstayed 3 more months( till may). I m on my internship in the us now and want him come. But the embassy told him he can reenter just after a year.
Can u please advice me what can be done in this case?? Is there any hope he can come to us? Any kind of visa??either internship or work visa.....whatever......just to have him here.
Please please help....any advice...any hint....
I appreciate any kind of help!!! THANKS

Overstay is never a good idea. I think even if he is eligible for another visa, they will probably give him a hard time and deny it. In his case he should follow what the embassy told him...
Good luck!

Orena999,
Your Italian boyfriend is no longer eligible to use the VWP. The first thing he needs to do is apply for a B-2 visa. Take it from there. Good luck to him.

So it means he can just apply to get B-2 visa to get here. Do u think he can get it if he overstayed? how long does it usually take? and for how long are the visa for?

He can apply. No assurance on whether he will get one or not. Ask him to try his luck out at his local consulate.

...if a hotel was interested in getting him a job...and the visa through them...would it have any impact on the embassy? Would it be easier...to get through the process...or would they allow him to come...even though he overstayed?? What do you think?

Unless hotel job requires college degree and he has suitable degree for it, it's difficult.
If he has worked for the same hotel in his country and trasnfered to one of those in the US, it might be possible, though.

Last edited by a moderator: