To those who are receiving 2nd FP Notices...

jigesh

Registered Users (C)
Just curious - when does 15 month expiry period apply? After 15 months of actually doing FP or after 15 months of BCIS receiving FP results? Normally, there's 5 to 15 days gap between these two dates (if FP was done electronically).

May be someone who got 2nd FP notice recently, can confirm. Thank you.

Jigesh

Figure it out yourself:

1st FD date: 4/19/01
1st FD received: 4/24/01

2nd FD Notice date: 7/22/03
2nd FD date scheduled: 9/9/03

---Compaqdb

Compaqdb I have a question for you.

Did you recieve any RFE till this day?

As per 15 month rule, my Finger prints are expired on July 18th.

But I recieved RFE on Jun 16th, and the response to RFE was recievd by BCIS on july 1st.

My question: what are the chances of recieving second FP call in my case.

Any ones opinion will be appreciated.

vinidel

I am not too sure if there is any real connection between RFE and 2nd FP notice. The requirements will have to be met in order for a case to be adjudicated. If at the time of final adjudication they notice that the FP report has expired, they may choose to send a second FP notification. My RFE response was received on 7/7 and my FP expired on 7/24 or 7/26 (depending upon what they consider the expiry date -- date of FP or date of clearance). I haven't received any word from them yet. Just sittin tight...!

Originally posted by vinidel1
Compaqdb I have a question for you.

Did you recieve any RFE till this day?

As per 15 month rule, my Finger prints are expired on July 18th.

But I recieved RFE on Jun 16th, and the response to RFE was recievd by BCIS on july 1st.

My question: what are the chances of recieving second FP call in my case.

Any ones opinion will be appreciated.

vinidel1,
there have been cases where they have adjudicated and approved if the fingerprints have recently expired (roughly 10 days). Keep praying that your case gets approved soon (as in this week). if its more than 1 month since the FP expired, chances are very high they will ask for re-FP.
I received my re-FP notice 16 months after the FP expired.
GC_impatient

vinidel1 ....

My cousin recently got a RFE and just after he responded to the RFE he got a notice for 2nd FP........

I am wondering about the variation in FP expiration.
Could it be that there is a difference between electronically captured and ink captured?

Please let us know!

My 1st FP was electronically
15 month passed 24 July 2003
haven't recieved 2nd FP notice

FP expired 15 months, no mattery it's electronic or ink. Yes, there's a grace period of 10 days. But that could be a case actually approved by officer days before the final approval shown on online.

There's no relation between RFE and FP. If officer send out RFE, he doesn't care if your FP expire. Only if he's going to approved your case,
he saw the FP expire, then he sent out the FP notice.

Thanks a lot copaqdb and others for your inputs...It seems they count 15 months from the day a person appears for FP (and not the day BCIS receives results)..