To apply for a K3 Visa or Not?

goodhusband10

Registered Users (C)
Hi. I am a US citizen. My wife and I married in August of 2006 here in the US while she was visiting. I filed my I130 in Nov. 06 and recieved cofirmation of receipt about a month later. I've looked at the processing dates for I130's in VT and they seem to have come to a stand-still. The current dates show that they are processing cases from LAST MARCH '06! I would like to know if I should try to apply for a K3 visa to help speed the wait time up. My wife is currently residing in Jamaica. I not sure if I can do this but I need to be with my wife soon or I am going to go bonkers. If I can or should file for the K3 what exactly is the process for doing so and how would it help us to be together. Also, my wife has two small children that I filed I130's for as well. Would I need to file K3's for each of them as well. Please, please help me if any of you can. Thank you so much. :(

VSC averages about 1-2 months to process. Your case might be caught up in a security check.

You could of filed for the I-129F/K3 when you got the I-130 confirmation slip in Nov. 06... Normally, the K3 is faster, but exceptions occur...

If you decide to file a I-129F/K3, then be aware that the I-1-30 will be held at USCIS and NOT forwarded to NVC.. thus, they are expecting you'll just finish with the K3. If you want the I-130 to continue to NVC, you have to file the I-824 and pay $200...

Could anyone clarify?

If you decide to file a I-129F/K3, then be aware that the I-1-30 will be held at USCIS and NOT forwarded to NVC.. thus, they are expecting you'll just finish with the K3. If you want the I-130 to continue to NVC, you have to file the I-824 and pay $200...

In that case how some people got both I-130 and K3 approved almost at the same time. If davidzq is correct then i may have to re-think my strategy. Is there anyone who can clarify this for me. Thanks in Advance.

In that case how some people got both I-130 and K3 approved almost at the same time. If davidzq is correct then i may have to re-think my strategy. Is there anyone who can clarify this for me. Thanks in Advance.

As I-129F for a spouse now get transferred to the service center that is processing the I-130, they generally appear to be being approved at the same time. If your I-130 is held up in security checks, you are going to face the same hold ups with an I-129F. They both undergo the same background checks. In general the filing of the I-129F for the K-3 loses its benefits unless it is filed when you receive the receipt notice for the I-130. VSC is generally pretty quick in approving petitions when compared to CSC. The current processing dates should be taken with a grain of salt as plenty of petitions are being approved that have been filed long after the current processing date shown on their website.