TN Visa RFE - Specialty Occupation

check321

I have a BMath - Business Administration Degree and getting a job as a Senior sales in the US applying through Economist

I just received a RFE from USCIS for Specialty Occupation (How the job fit into Economist and how does my credential required) , the law firm said that there is a big increase on RFE in the last couple months and they are requesting an expert opinion letter.

Does anyone know that what are the chances of expert opinion letter being rejected for TN Visa because I've read that there are quite a lot of expert opinion letter being rejected on H1B.

Thanks

The reason you got an RFE has nothing to do with increased RFE rate, it has to do with trying to get a Sales job on TN, with a degree that doesn't match your TN category.
You have a lawyer, they will tap-dance as best they can (they failed in their first attempt), and you will either get TN or not. The "chances" mean nothing. Yours are 0% or 100%.

Hi Nelsona, thanks for your input and help

Do you know if its difficult to get an International sales role on TN? My degree is actually a finance degree.

They said that they had discussed with the employer and agrees that Economist is the best option. Right now it will take them another month to get the expert letter and I am just a little bit paranoid due to the uncertainty and all communication is only between the lawyer and the employer. Is My RFE a complicated case in your opinion?

Of course it is complicated, because you aren't really entitled to a TN! You are not an economist and sales jobs are never TN qualified.

A lawyer will always accept (and charge for) work requested by a client, even if it is not likely successful.

Our opinion here doesn't matter, though. As I said, you have a lawyer being paid for THEIR opinion. Ask them. And ask them to hurry up on this letter. 30 days for something that takes 20 minutes to decide at the border without any lawyers is ridiculous, so if you are that concerned -- and you should be -- go to the border and find out.

You really should be getting an H1-B instead, for next October.