TN Visa At San Ysidro? Anybody?

lazy_owl

Hi everyone-- I cannot seem to find an answer to this question anywhere. I've tried calling the San Ysidro POE and no answer, ever.

I'm a Canadian on TN status in California & I just received a new job offer that I'd like to accept. With all the COVID restrictions (especially in Canada), I'd like to obtain my new TN at the San Ysidro POE since it's close by. Are they still processing TNs at San Ysidro and if they are, are they only doing so during certain days of the week or times? Just want to be on the safe side if their hours are limited for TN processing.

Any info is greatly appreciated & let me know in the comments if you've been to this POE or obtained a TN visa here!

Yes they are and you shoukd always apply for TN during normal business hours ,even thogh they are open 24 hrs a day

Oh i didn’t we could do renewals down south at the border. M based in CA and m planning to head to peace bridge as I was told most of the borders are closed..

They are not "closed". They are closed to non-essential travel by non-US citizens. Immigration is considered essential.

thank you. I was told we need an apppintment with the office at this border? Also is there any specific timing.

Since you need an appointment (always have) you need to call them They can give you all the information you are looking for.

I went to San Ysidro border 2 months ago. You don't need appointment. You will walk through the pedestrian bridge and enter mexico by foot and then turn around and enter US.When you enter US, your visa will be processed ( You will have to walk through the local market- 5-7 min walk) and then come via bridge back to US.

Hi everyone-- I cannot seem to find an answer to this question anywhere. I've tried calling the San Ysidro POE and no answer, ever.

I'm a Canadian on TN status in California & I just received a new job offer that I'd like to accept. With all the COVID restrictions (especially in Canada), I'd like to obtain my new TN at the San Ysidro POE since it's close by. Are they still processing TNs at San Ysidro and if they are, are they only doing so during certain days of the week or times? Just want to be on the safe side if their hours are limited for TN processing.

Any info is greatly appreciated & let me know in the comments if you've been to this POE or obtained a TN visa here!

Yes they are processing.
No you do not need an appointment, in fact I don't think an appointment would even be possible.
Yes, you can apply any day, any time, as long as the crossing is open. San Ysidro is normally 24/7.

Typically you want to walk into Mexico, turn right, and then walk back to the USA. When you present to an officer at the desk, tell them you are applying for a TN permit. They will take you to another waiting room, where they will process your TN application. Probably you will have to wait a while as they work on your application. They seem to prioritize working on other applications ahead of TNs.

I am not surprised no one is answering the phone, the only number which seems to get answered down there is the detention center which doesn't help us much.

Yes they are processing.
No you do not need an appointment, in fact I don't think an appointment would even be possible.
Yes, you can apply any day, any time, as long as the crossing is open. San Ysidro is normally 24/7.

Typically you want to walk into Mexico, turn right, and then walk back to the USA. When you present to an officer at the desk, tell them you are applying for a TN permit. They will take you to another waiting room, where they will process your TN application. Probably you will have to wait a while as they work on your application. They seem to prioritize working on other applications ahead of TNs.

I am not surprised no one is answering the phone, the only number which seems to get answered down there is the detention center which doesn't help us much.
which number are u trying?

I tried several numbers. Some are out of service, some ring endlessly, none of them lead to a human.. Finally I gave up and travelled to the POE in person.
Albeit, I was attempting to call Mesa Otay POE.

San Ysidro might be different.

Yes, you can go anytime. You dont need appointment. Just walk across the bridge and walk in to mexico and turn around...10 minute walk within mexico to return to US POE. Hope that helps