TN to Green card application cost and process

Adamkheil

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I requested my company to sponsor me for the green card from my TN status. They researced with there imigration lawyer and told me they are not going to do that because of the high cost and process. I told them I am willing to pay for the cost and all I need is there support. I was told as per there immigration lawyer this is illegal to have employee pay for the process!! Could any one tell me if this is illegal and how do I convince my company that this process will not be that painful for them. Any ideas and guidance will be highly appreciated.

Only the PERM (and possibly the I-140) filing fees MUST be borne by the employer. All other fees can be paid by whomever.
Sounds like they just don't want to sponsor you, period. You need to show them why you are worthy.

Thanks Nelson, may be you are right and need to start looking for another job! By the way do you know how much the fees is for PERM and I-40?

No. PERM costs vary of course, based on the ad requirements, etc. The I-140 filing fee can be found on the CIS website.