TN Through Mail

Junoon123

Registered Users (C)
how long does it take to get your TN through mail?
What is the process?
I already have a few and wondering if it will be easier to get it through mail rather then taking a trip to the border

Thanks

oops sorry what i meant was i have a current TN expires in two months and wondering if i can apply another one through mail
Thanks

Its certainly easier, it can take longer than 2 months, but you are considered in 240 day grace period once you file on time.

If you file a TN renewal by mail, you will use form I-129 and you will send it to either California or Vermont (depending on where you live). You can check the processing times on this site
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

As nelsona mentioned, even if the processing takes more than 2 months, you are in a grace period of 240 days which is more than enough time for the TN renewal to be processed.

I am wondering can i fill out the 1-129 or does the company has to do that, the reason i ask is the company has never filled out a 1-129 form for anyone. Normally they just give a letter and ask us to go to the bored?

Do they have to write a check? Can i write a check.
I am wondering if someone can point me to a website where their are these instructions?
Thanks in advance to both of you.

You can fill out the I-129, but it is your employer that is filing it, and should sign it, along with the TN letter that you will also submit. There is no legal requirement that they pay for it.

Nelson once again much appreciated. I have been on a TN for half a decade and during that time your advice have saved me money, time and all the headaches that i received initially from my first lawyer.

Thank You as always.

TN Visa, want to work for multiple employers

I love this thread because I am in a similar situation. Will you please message/stay in touch with me on this topic to keep me updated on TN Visa topics and issues? Aside from this site, I'd like to have a someone to talk to about it from time to time, whenever I have questions too.

Guys one more thing my company which has provided me with TN has remote office location here in the US. Since i am working for a client can i give their address on i-129 petition?
Please let me know.