Tn Rejected-Applying Again but different Employer

sumitsaini

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,
I got rejected once a couple of months ago.
Now i had applied again and the employer is getting the equilvancy for me.
So if i apply now , would the immigration office would give any hard time.
Because i got rejected last time and re-applying but different employer.
This time i will be going through flight rather than drive to the border.

Please give me some advise.

take care
sumit

It depends a lot on why you were denied. If you didn't have the correct paperwork or proper qualifications, then you will never get approved - without correcting the problem. From what I have read and heard, you don't want to go the second time if you haven't taken care of everything because it sounds like they don't appreciate going over the same thing twice.

If you were denied because you slipped up and told them you wanted to become a citizen eventually (intend to immigrate), then you have a chance if you are careful not to 'incriminate' yourself. I was denied once after being approved three times previously because I didn't know the intended immigrant part, so when I was asked one of the lovely trick questions about possible future plans, she denied it. Since then I have had three or four more approved TN's.

NOTE! You WILL be asked EVERY time you apply for a TN about being denied, so be careful. Even just passing through immigration they may ask you about it... Be prepared to explain it to them over and over again, and also be prepared to find some officers that will make you wait to talk to an immigration official (even if it means missing flights at an airport).

My advice (for what it's worth), is to be 100% sure that you have all of the necessary requirements to get a TN and know what you will say if you are asked about your future intentions. Especially if you are flying... Good luck!

Tn Visa

hi
thanks for the help.
i was denied because they did't approve my credentials equilvancy.
i had a 3 yr BACHELORS Degree and one 2 yr diploma in IT.
They officer told me that i did'nt meet the minimum requirements.
So my question is that if i get the US bachelors equilvancy then would be easy to get the visa. also, when i last time i went to get the visa, the officer gave me one paper and told to give at the canadian border, no else paper i have which specifies rejected.
also he handed over to me I-140 form

Last edited by a moderator:
Fire101: Rejected based on intended immigrant

I saw you were rejected based on that, as I was yesterday. Same story - had tn's for the past 3 years, applied for the new 3 year tn, was asked, "if they offer you another job in three years will you take it" - silly me, said yes, I could apply for another TN. (through Mexico/Tijuana to San Diego).

Well, he said "that's not very temporary".

He said I had no real ties back to Canada - which was stupid, because of course I'm not going to have a house, or apartment, etc. if I'm taking a job in the US!

Anyhow, I'm going to get an attorney today, but I was wondering, since it's officially rejected, if I just flew to Canada or somewhere and retried in a week?

How soon after you were rejected did you retry, and did you retry for a TN?

Do it by mail, do it by mail, do it by mail, do it by mail, do it by mail.

Everyone get it yet?

Mail doesn't work for everyine simsd, and certainly not for someone who travels at all.

TNs were designed to be obtained at the border and that is still the best place to get one.

In person is absolutely NOT the way to go if you're not a good speaker or can't think quickly on your feet.

You know how some of the CPB officers can be.

If you need to travel then find a way around it.

In person is absolutely NOT the way to go if you're not a good speaker or can't think quickly on your feet.

You know how some of the CPB officers can be.

If you need to travel then find a way around it.

Definatly if you can do mail in, then that's the easiest and least problematic way of getting a new TN. Though the issue is with a new job, it makes more sence to go to the border as mails if I recall can take some time, or a lot of money to get it expediated (can't remember the exact term)...

This site is for education. Better to be correctly educated on how to prepare and get a TN at the border as well as by mail than to be frightened by ignorance and by 'bogeyman' border stories into trying the 'find a way around' getting the TN at the border -- when this is most often the best way based on one's circumstances.

Can NEXUS be an option?

NOTE! You WILL be asked EVERY time you apply for a TN about being denied, so be careful. Even just passing through immigration they may ask you about it... Be prepared to explain it to them over and over again, and also be prepared to find some officers that will make you wait to talk to an immigration official (even if it means missing flights at an airport).

How easy is to get the NEXUS card? so the life will be little bit easier during the travel. Did anyone here ever got one?

If some one applies for a TN via mail then travels out side the country while the application is processed and comes back in US before the approval/rejection is finalized, would that work? During that entire time, the old TN stays valid.

Only if your current TN has not expired. There is no grace period once outside US. The processing of the I-129 would continue, but you would still need to apply for TN at entry.

That is why one subsequently cancels the mail-in, since a later denial will cancel the border TN as well.

Elhaix - you were rejected because you requested a 3 year TN?? Are we under stricter scrutiny if we request for a 3 yr TN versus a 1 yr TN visa? The reason I ask if I have a 3 year offer letter from my employer and I have been working for them for the last 3 years and the company lawyer had suggested that I go with a 1 yr offer letter to the border due to stricter scrutiny but I asked for a 3 yr letter for the sake of convinience but now I am thinking.
Elhaix, which border were you rejected?

Oh and by the way I meant to mention in my last post that I had gotten rejected at the buffalo border once because my educational equivalent was not done properly by the toronto University and I went back after 3-4 days to anothr border by road and got my TN approved. So I guess there is no such rule as to when you can go back, go when your documents are right and you are confident!

I don't know what "rule" you were thinking about. You can go back 10 mimutes later if you get whatever deficiency fixed.

Re TN

which border did you go to?

Its weird last time when i got a one year extension i was told that when you come next year get the 3 year TN its easier that way which just tells you it just depends on the officer's mood.

Thanks