TN for Actuary

mforti

Hi, greatly appreciate if anyone knows the answer to this.

I am an actuary and looking at applying for TN. Since actuary is referenced as a type of mathematician, should the job description follow the Department of Labour standard duties for a mathematician or those for an actuary or does it matter. In my case the DOL job duties for actuary provide more support.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

As long as you are a member of an actuarial society, and have a degree, you can qualify for an actuarial job.

The job description should be accurate for the job you are being hired for, not tailored to the DOL definition.

As long as you are a member of an actuarial society, and have a degree, you can qualify for an actuarial job.

The job description should be accurate for the job you are being hired for, not tailored to the DOL definition.
thank you

As a follow up question, the actual duties of the job will be limited by what the company feels is allowed under the TN, it is not the job description that will be tailored. For example I will not be managing other employees even though the job could be expanded to include that. So, for each duty of the job itself they are looking at how it is supportable by the DOL job category for Mathematician. I want to suggest we look at the DOL job category for actuary which will give me more and better actual job duties (and that is the only reason I care about this). I think it comes down to if the CPB officers that ultimately review this will adjudicate it based on the DOL job category for Mathematician because an actuary is refernced as a type of mathematician, then I am stuck with that. But if they will adjudicate based on the DOL job category actuary or at least refer to it in some way, then we can use that. I hope that explains the situation.