Timelines?

sidpri

Lets say I am pretty dense about this whole green card filing.
My PERM was approved in April 2007. Now, I will be filing in I-140/485 within the Aug 17 deadline.
What realistic timeline should I be looking at for the I-140 and the I-485 to be approved.

My wife has applied for a COS from H4 to F1 (may 2007 applied) since she is going to get an assitantship in fall. Given this, is it better that I do not file I-140/485 now? Are there are benefits in filing in I-140/1-485 now?

Regards,
Siddharth
India

oh come on now. this is the 25 000 dollars question. I am surprise people are still asking this.

juntha -
Pls understand there are members on this forum who do not have so much knowledge of immigration dos/donts. You seem to be a member for 2.5 years, I do not have such experience. I am sorry if this question upset you in anyway

Hi. I was looking for an answer to this question as well, but couldn't find anything, especially after the June visa bulletin change.

We're filing concurrently this week (hopefully) and would like to be able to make an estimate as to how long we'll wait before we actually have the GCs. I know it'll be a long wait (w/ may 07 PD and pp suspension), but how long? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Take care.

Info

Hi. I was looking for an answer to this question as well, but couldn't find anything, especially after the June visa bulletin change.

We're filing concurrently this week (hopefully) and would like to be able to make an estimate as to how long we'll wait before we actually have the GCs. I know it'll be a long wait (w/ may 07 PD and pp suspension), but how long? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Take care.

Its not easy to guess how long it takes. Its a series of things like Background check ,visa number .Sometimes if lucky get it in 6 months. If not take a lot of time. Its just pure luck.I am also one of the people waiting.

it may take longer to get approval for H4 to F1 (sometime 1year). So, its better to file II-485 and EAD for your wife ASAP before Aug 17. EAD should not take more than 90 days.