Time taken for H1 extn in Vermont

Mine got approved from VSC in approx. 3 weeks... Filed on June 16th and got approval on July 8th... .. Mine was the case of H1B extention.. Another friend of mine filed H1B ( from F1) on Aug 5th and got approval on Aug 16th.. just like premium processing... though it was normal..

H1B Approved

Hi,

Just wanted to share with you the timelines for my H1B approval. ND of June 25th, approved on August 27th. Mine was a normal extension (i.e. not a transfer, not a 7th year extension). No RFE's.

sertra2002

Last edited by a moderator:
7th year extension...7th month and still waiting...

My lawyer even put in a status inquiry and that too has passed 30 days and no reply/update from the INS.

I guess they are just waiting for the 1000 bucks from me :rolleyes: Can't wait any longer as I am left with little choice but to convert into premium processing :(

rohilr said:
Mine got approved from VSC in approx. 3 weeks... Filed on June 16th and got approval on July 8th... .. Mine was the case of H1B extention.. Another friend of mine filed H1B ( from F1) on Aug 5th and got approval on Aug 16th.. just like premium processing... though it was normal..

Did you apply online or through regular mail.

H1B/H4 Approved Online Message

H1B Transfer from another University.

H1B/H4 : RD/ND March 16
H1B/H4 : AD September 01

As per online message, not received the actual approval notices.

H1B renewwal still pending

My H1B renewal was received by the Vermont Service Centre on 1 Dec 2003 - and it is still pending. They tell me it is because of increased security checks and insufficient personel and they have no idea how much longer it might take.

Has anyone else eben waiting this long? Most of the posts I see seem to have fairly good response times.

H1/H4 Approval

Hi Folks,

As per online status, our H1/H4 Extn got approved within VSC published timeline (between 60 to 90 days). It seems VSC is improving.

RD 06/28/2004
AD 09/02/2004

Good Luck !!!

Waiting

My H1B extension was recieved by the vermont center on april 13 2004 and i am also still waiting , when my employer called they say it's with the officer, it has been above 150 days.
Do we need to do some thing like any action from our employer or sort of , i am little bit tensed as i have to file 7th year extension with in 3 months.

jbalfe said:
My H1B renewal was received by the Vermont Service Centre on 1 Dec 2003 - and it is still pending. They tell me it is because of increased security checks and insufficient personel and they have no idea how much longer it might take.

Has anyone else eben waiting this long? Most of the posts I see seem to have fairly good response times.

ravi2patel said:
My lawyer even put in a status inquiry and that too has passed 30 days and no reply/update from the INS.

I guess they are just waiting for the 1000 bucks from me :rolleyes: Can't wait any longer as I am left with little choice but to convert into premium processing :(

Finally the night mare is over, got the approval after going through a roller-coaster ride with INS:
1)applied in Jan 04, no response for next 7 months.
2)employer initiated first query in August, no response after 30days
3)employer initiated second query at the end of 30 days.
4)changed application to premium, got family's H4 approved next day !!! (yes not my H1 but my family's H4 got approved first)
5)INS issue an RFE for proof of LC pending for 365 days
6)attorney contacts DOL and they respond in 2 days
7)sent response to INS
8)after 4 days INS approves my H1 7th year exentension.
9) TOMORROW I WILL HAVE TO SUBMIT A NEW 8th year extension as only 3 months left on the new extension !!!...good way for INS to generate income :(

Ravi

We converted to premium process last Sept. 22, 2004 since my current I-94 is valid til Nov. 19, 2004. We got an RFE today and my employer is taking care of it (no idea what the RFE is yet). Guess some officials are really working too slow, so I think if you have the means to go on premium process go for it at the start specially H1 transfer cases who prefers to have an approved transfer before resigning.

gg1982 said:
My Receipt date is June'20 th, still waiting for approval.

MY case receipt date is June 28th and got approved on Sep-2.
My case is 7th eyar extension and applied 10 days before expiring of my 6 year h1.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get receipt for normal H1 extension (th year) ? Mine was filed Sep 25 and still havent got the receipt! Can others comment on this pls? thanks.
UPDATE: I got my receipt just a week ago from my attorney. When I registered the receipt number with Case Status, the LUD was Oct 1, saying the receipt was mailed that day. So, my lazy attorney was the one who faield to send me the receipt all laong. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
H1B extension in VSC

My wifes visa extension was filed on Aug 5th with vermont service center. The current date of processing as per their website is Sept 3rd , still her application status is pending. they passed the processing date of aug 5th more than month ago.
Does anyone else has the same problem?
Secondly she has to get her visa stamped in india, have taken an online appointment with visa approval in hand , the only data that maybe different from current is "Visa Valid till" date which is estimated to be 3 years from application date. Any idea if this can cause any problem , in terms of them accepting this appointment.

Reply will be appreciated.

inderp said:
My wifes visa extension was filed on Aug 5th with vermont service center. The current date of processing as per their website is Sept 3rd , still her application status is pending. they passed the processing date of aug 5th more than month ago.
Does anyone else has the same problem?
Secondly she has to get her visa stamped in india, have taken an online appointment with visa approval in hand , the only data that maybe different from current is "Visa Valid till" date which is estimated to be 3 years from application date. Any idea if this can cause any problem , in terms of them accepting this appointment.

Reply will be appreciated.

Inderp: Your query is a bit confusing. Till when is your wife's visa on her passport valid? And can you rephrase what you were asking about the visa appt in India?

My case is approved!!!

Details:
H-1B extension case for second 3-year limit
Case received by VSC on Nov 29, 2004
Case approved on Jan 21, 2005 under regular processing