Time in USCIS district or state

sikander

Registered Users (C)
Hello all:

SITUATION:
I obtained my Green Card in June 2005 (through my employer). I believe I should be eligible to become a citizen by June 2010. I moved to a new state on Feb 1st 2010. I plan to apply for citizenship around May 5th '10, 3+ months after being a resident in my district.

QUESTIONS:
If during the 3 months before May 5th (when I submit my citizenship application) I need to travel out of my district but within the US on a business trip for a couple of days (my employer wants me to attend a conference in California) then does that cause me to violate the "Time in USCIS district or state" requirement of 3 months as stated in the Guide to Naturalization?

Would this business trip cause me to be ineligible to apply for citizenship on May 5th? I can provide corporate relocation and rental evidence if necessary showing that I've been living in my current district for 3+ months.

Many thanks in advance

Sikander

No no. When you reside somewhere, it doesn't mean that you can NEVER leave that place. You are still a resident of the place where you live, so a trip ANYWHERE for a couple of days, and even a week, will not affect your eligibility to apply on May 5.