time for I-140 receipt notice from VSC

abhi123

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am planning to apply for I-140 at VSC. Can you please let me know how long it takes approximately to get the receipt notice after filing for I-140.

Thx,
Abhijit

About 6-9 months. Minimum 6 months.
In my case it took 285 days.
RD 6/21/02. AD 4/1/03. VSC. EB2.

abhi123, the receipt notice of I-140 should be in matter of days to two weeks at most. i think what kdivekar mentioned is the time length to get I-140 approved.

Congrat, kdivekar

My RD is also 6/21/02, VSC,EB3, haven't got approved. Do you mind tell me your EAC number? Thanks.

I am assuming that you asked RD. It takes about 3 days - one week(depending on type of mails). If it is ND, it takes about one month. If it is AD, it could take one month - over one year based on the information we had.

Originally posted by abhi123
Hi,
I am planning to apply for I-140 at VSC. Can you please let me know how long it takes approximately to get the receipt notice after filing for I-140.

Thx,
Abhijit

Guys, I guess I confused you all.

Let me explain what I am doing.

I have just got my labor approved from NJ. I can apply 140 and 485 concurrently. But I am planning to move to another state (head office of same sponsoring company) in 3 months from now. I am trying to figure our if I would do concurrent filing or file 140 NOW and wait for its notice. Once I get the notice, I can apply for 485 with 140 case #. Meanwhile, I will be close to my moving date.

I would like to know when approximately I would get the notice (with case # or whatever) that enables me to apply 485. I guess I an looking for notice date not receipt date.

Please help me.

So I guess that you talked about ND (Notice Day) because your case will be on system with your case # only after you are noticed. As mentioned before, it takes about one month.

Originally posted by abhi123
Guys, I guess I confused you all.

Let me explain what I am doing.

I have just got my labor approved from NJ. I can apply 140 and 485 concurrently. But I am planning to move to another state (head office of same sponsoring company) in 3 months from now. I am trying to figure our if I would do concurrent filing or file 140 NOW and wait for its notice . Once I get the notice, I can apply for 485 with 140 case #. Meanwhile, I will be close to my moving date.

I would like to know when approximately I would get the notice (with case # or whatever) that enables me to apply 485. I guess I an looking for notice date not receipt date.

Please help me.