Time Duration

laxdef14

Registered Users (C)
It seems that the POE is reducing the time allowed in the US with a B2 visa. Before it was up to 6 months. Now its merely 3 months. Are there any experiences with using the B2 visa recently? How long are you allowed to stay before the I-94 expires?

My mother is planning on coming to visit of her 10-Year Multiple Entry visa. She wishes to attend my senior graduation. She is afraid of getting only 3 months to spend time with family, rather then 6 months she has gotten before. Is there a new change where the POE can only give out 3 months or 90 days?

laxdef14 said:
It seems that the POE is reducing the time allowed in the US with a B2 visa. Before it was up to 6 months. Now its merely 3 months. Are there any experiences with using the B2 visa recently? How long are you allowed to stay before the I-94 expires?

My mother is planning on coming to visit of her 10-Year Multiple Entry visa. She wishes to attend my senior graduation. She is afraid of getting only 3 months to spend time with family, rather then 6 months she has gotten before. Is there a new change where the POE can only give out 3 months or 90 days?

well first remember that on b visa you are allowed to stay only 180 days in a calendar year. Before I came to US to work, I vistited on B about 5 times and each time the duration of stay was determined solely on the answer to the question "what is the purpose of your visit to the US?" and "how long are you going to stay?"... I have to admit that the longest I ever had to stay was 2.5 months, however my I-94 was good for about 4-5 months. To be honest with you if she indicates that the purpose of the visit is her grandson's graduation, personally it is really hard to see how this would require a stay of 6 months, but if there are other good reasons she should simply state that she needs to stay for 6 months and give good reasons for that...