Time between 140 Approval and NVC Case Creating

beijingsteps

Registered Users (C)
My I-140 was approved on April 10, but NVC still hasn't received notice from INS NSC. It has been 20 days, is it normal or not?

beijingsteps:

It can take up to 6-8 weeks. But if you follow cptracker.com you will get a better picture. I can talk about myself where my I-140 was approved 4/1/03 and NVC assigned and created case on 4/10/03 (effectively 9 days). And in case of two of my other friends it took about 2 weeks. I would say dont worry it will happen in another week or two.

Krish

How do I find out about NVC case

Hi,

My I-140 just got approved on 4/28/03 after an 8 month wait. Great relief, as I am sure you all agree :)

My question is: how do I find out when an NVC case has been created? Can I do that online, or call, or do I need to get that through my lawyer who is getting all correspondence about my GC?

My next question is very basic. Could you describe the high level steps between now and GC, and the approximate delays. I know this is very basic, but was hoping someone with recent experience would take time to explain it to me. I would also like to know what I can do to speed it up. Documentation that I can get taken care of in advance, etc.

Thank you for helping. I hope we all get our GC's soon!

-neverendingstory

neverendingstory....

Interesting, because that is how your questions sound like! No offense intended, but take a look at other threads and the forum which is teeming with info you are seeking. You should research your question before you post-to save everybody's time. The very next thread started by Octaviva has a few members who are researching the same questions you have. Good luck.

neverendingstory...

In approximately 10 days from the approval of I-140 you can
expect the case to reach the NVC. This you can find out by
calling the NVC phone # 603 334-0700.

This is automated/manned line. You will go through the automated process first. Use the I-140 notice # ( LIN or EAC etc.).
Once the case is created in NVC system you will be allocated
a NVC case number, which you will know through the system
or through the operator.

About the rest of the process as suggested by the other member
do your research and you will find more information than you will ever need.

Raju

didn't mean to annoy anyone

Sorry, didn't mean to upset the discussion forum with too basic questions. I know the general steps, but I was more looking for detailed information about NVC processing, phone numbers, and maybe online status check. Also, if anyone has recent experience from what might go wrong / slow things down (like PCC).

I'll do some more research next time. I do appreciate everyone's willingness to share information and don't want to waste anyone's time.

Best
neverendingstory

neverendingstory:

Attached is a word document i am trying to maintain which explains in detail the process after I-140 approval with cp option along with a rough timeline.
As far as PCC is concerned it takes 45 days process time plus 1 week of in-transit/ mail time.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Krish

Very useful

kdivekar,

Thanks, that was very useful. I also created a spreadsheet with all the steps, and I started writing a FAQ mostly based on my own questions and answers that I found. I will add that and post it here once I have some more, maybe that will be helpful to someone else. Based on reading threads, and looking at cptracker, I came to the same conclusion: 5-6 months from now until the interview.

-neverendingstory

Way to go guys!

My earlier post was meant to do exactly this- the more you browse this forum, the more informed you become. Then it is your turn to help the newbies. That is a good compilation.;)

You're right

Rajeev Kumar, you're absolutely right... Lots of information... :)

Thought this day would never come! Now I am really happy I chose CP over AOS. Some days in the last 6 months that choice wasn't obivous, but now it is.

kdivekar, I added your information to my spreadsheet. I will give it another week or so, until I gather more Q&A, and I will post it back here.

Thanks for MS-DOC file

I am actually still in earlier stages as i will file for I-140 next week.
After reading the "Things to do before leaving US", i wanted to know what is "sailing permit from IRS ". How do i get it ?