This & that issues

But how is he having to show a household size of 2?? As we will not be living together, he will be staying with my parents?

You have to think in terms of long range plans. Is he going to live with your parents after you two get married? NO! Will either of your parents complete an I-134 stating that they will provide shelter during his initial stay while courting thier daughter? Will they offer to feed him while he is there? Will they list "Room and Board" on an affidavit or even just in a letter to him?

I get $200 food stamps

My rent is only $65

utilities are all discounted by light up Texas

Will your marriage change any of these expenses? Food stamps are "means tested benefits" and are based oin household size and household income. What about the housing situation? Can he just move in when you marry or will he be added to the lease and they will re-calculate rent? How about the utility subsidy? Will that have to change? Two people use more resources than one--twice as many hot showers/baths.

You present as a very sympathetic person who is looking for happiness with someone special. You seem to have found tha someone and I hope you can work things out.

This site has a list of free and low cost organizations that help with immigration matters: http://www.justice.gov/eoir/statspub/raroster.htm and this is the list: http://www.justice.gov/eoir/statspub/raroster.htm Texas starts on pages 121-134 of the pdf doc (printed pages 84-95). Perhaps you can find help close to home. The listed organizations have lawyers and "accredited representatives". The organizations and their accredited reps had to apply to the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) for permission to represent people and be listed. The BIA is the highest executive branch or administrative immigration authority. Their decisions (denials) are appealled to the U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeal which are one step away from the U.S. Suprenme Court. The BIA makes sure that these folks are qualified to help you in immigration matters. Search out someone in your area, they are out there.

Goos luck,

Last edited by a moderator:
And this is why he will work...

Yes once we are married, he can move in and the rent will not change as I will still be disabled -- same with utilities, food stamps are liable to go down