• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

There Are Enough Immigrant Visas

gallbladder

Registered Users (C)
I Have Found A Table In The Dept Of State Website And It Shows That The Number Of Immigrant Visas Given Based On The Lottery Progam Never Exhausted. Look At The Attched File And Press On Tab Vii And You Will See That From 1997 Till 2007 The Number Of Green Card Given Never Reached 55,000. Your Commnets Will Be Helpful.

I Have Found A Table In The Dept Of State Website And It Shows That The Number Of Immigrant Visas Given Based On The Lottery Progam Never Exhausted. Look At The Attched File And Press On Tab Vii And You Will See That From 1997 Till 2007 The Number Of Green Card Given Never Reached 55,000. Your Commnets Will Be Helpful.

Thank you for sharing. Wow, the numbers are decreasing each year, no wonder AF is so high this year! they need to reach their quotas and they're not doing well. That makes me feel better about having a number.
Thanks again.

This is unbelievable. I have been worried with my high number but now i have hope. There again it all done to how fast the numbers move. Let pray it will be a bit faster this time around.

Cheers

This is unbelievable. I have been worried with my high number but now i have hope. There again it all done to how fast the numbers move. Let pray it will be a bit faster this time around.

Cheers

Well they reached over 63000 for AF this year, hopefully they'll top 70000 next year!
Good luck to you all. The road is long, but hopefully you'll get the GC at the end of it :)

Well they reached over 63000 for AF this year, hopefully they'll top 70000 next year!
Good luck to you all. The road is long, but hopefully you'll get the GC at the end of it :)

Thank you for your moral support.That is what this forum is all about. Really appreciated.
cheers

I actualy and probably lots of others knew this for long; In my country for example there is lots of people who don't like US (actualy hate it with passion) so political relations are always strained to say at least between my country and US -US embassy got torched twice in the last 8 years (some 5 months ago it got attacked by mob and set a fire) ;US cultural centar in my home town got destroyed so much actualy never re-opened afterwards ; So in my country not so much people actualy aplay for GC -lots of people think is some American scam and some will actualy get chosen but would change their minds under pressure from parents or friends or relatives ;There is anti US propaganda which is very strong -if you are for Americans or involved with US in any way your are traitor to your nation -so its not easy to aplay ;Also I think with expanding EU lots of east Europeans are now heading to countrys which are close to home and better chances for jobs than in the US which has economic crisis and not good social programs -so people from say Bulgaria or Romania , Poland etc will go rather to France ,UK Italy Germany or Scandinavia whre they can find good jobs and be close to their familys than to US ;for them there is no sense to got there at all ; West Europen coutrys also are never used to fill their quotas anyway -except UK which has special ties to US and anyway US citizens got recruted for highly paid jobs by USA companys in drowes ;That left some Balkan countrys not yet in the EU (from Croatia which is about to join EU only handful aplications are procesed and even from that number last year only very low two figure number actualy went to US ); People who really ant to go to the US I think would not wast time and wait for some GC lottery -they would just go ilegaly I think no matter what -I mean millions of immigrants got like that to US -you simply dont have any hassle with papers and proving that you have money etc and good health -you just go with some documents like ID or passport and that's it -no embassy charge or photos taken etc ; I think thats more atractive than waiting for GC lottery for most + as I mentioned before you have to add some bad propaganda against US and lots of people think its a scam introduced by US to take their money and then put them on some "black list" and ban them from trvaeling there ,also US officials did some mistakes in the past and refused those visas on some realy flimsy ground to people who won the lottery ans it was over for GC lotter for most ;

People who really ant to go to the US I think would not wast time and wait for some GC lottery -they would just go ilegaly I think no matter what -I mean millions of immigrants got like that to US -you simply dont have any hassle with papers and proving that you have money etc and good health -you just go with some documents like ID or passport and that's it -no embassy charge or photos taken etc ; I think thats more atractive than waiting for GC lottery for most + as I mentioned before you have to add some bad propaganda against US and lots of people think its a scam introduced by US to take their money and then put them on some "black list" and ban them from trvaeling there ,also US officials did some mistakes in the past and refused those visas on some realy flimsy ground to people who won the lottery ans it was over for GC lotter for most ;

Then you would realize why is it so hard to get a green card in the US--it's seems so unfair for the honest people that sincerely want to live in the US, don't you think?
There are perfectly good reasons why you need to prove that you are able financially (thus you need to have an education) and have a good health and so on. United States is hard to conquer when you don't have the above, regardless what people think (scam, propaganda), US still in the wishlist of millions of people.

Last edited by a moderator:
they think if they refuse the visas in the embassy and if they make it dificult to obtain visa legaly it would ofset number of people who got to the USA ilegaly ; but I think that on every "legal" immigrant there is 50X more illegal immigrants and they get the papers faster than legals -USA has tradition of illegal immigration but not the legal one -legal immigration is I think much more difficult to get