Tb Skin Test Test Positive - What's Next?

Murray33

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

Appreciate if someone can shed some lights on this subject matter. Reecently I received RFE for I-485 to do TB Skin Test. I've done Chest X-RAY back in 01/12/2006 and the results of the X-Ray was normal. Now, when I went to do skin test, I was tested positive.

I've told the nurse that I received BCG serum when I was a kid in my home country (SEA), of course the skin test will be positive and I've been in this country since 2000. Then the nurse asked me to do X-ray and I have to come back and see my doctor for the result.

Anyone know if this will result I have to go for treatment and USCIS will not approved my adjustment status? Please help me, I am worried since I've been waiting for a long time for adjudication. Thank you all.

Murray 33,
We all went through these process...
No need to worry even if your skin test result are positive.
If you have been tested positive througn your skin, and your x-ray came out normal, the RFE is nothing by the submission of a copy of the X-Ray showing that there are no obvious problems with your lungs, it means you are not contagious and you did not get contaminated. X-Ray are great diagnostic tools. Wait till you receive the RFE, Get a new copy of your lungs X-Ray and submit it to USCIS Servise Center as it was requested.
you would fine.
However if your skin test is positive as well as your X-Ray, then there is a 9 months of treatment that you will be instructed to follw, before issuance of your card.
Best Luck.

Murray 33
Before or in the past, if you have been tested positive once, no need to be tested a second time, you just need to tell the MD / or Nurse and they will skip that stage and jump into X-Ray. That has been changed since mid-2006, regardless of your previous and history of your skin tests (usually positive in your specific case) for a matter of technicality and procedures you are still required to take a skin test again , and at anytime you take a Medical examination. That's what it is.
You will be required to do a new skin test as evidence to put in your file, and that's the RFE, they need the dimension of the redness.

You are fine,

Themen,

Thank you so much for your input. I took chest x-ray back in 01/20/2006 and the result was normal. At the time USCIS asked for RFI and now for RFE they asking for skin test. To hear and read on this forum about TB skin test makes me feel so much relief. Since I got BCG since I was a kid the result of my skin test was positive. Hopefully in few days time when I meet with my doctor the chest x-ray also will come out "normal".

Do you know when you've submitted all documents to USCIS how long normally it takes to receive green card? Thank you again themen.

No one can predict that, especially when dealing with the mercy of USCIS.
It depends on several factors:
How proactive is the I.O working on your file;
How ready and complete is your application-file for adjudication.

I know that with the New Revised Name Check Policy, TSC & NSC are currently processing stalled cases of 2004 - 2005, and they should complete all stalled cases 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007 by April 30, 2008.
Anyhow you should not be far away from approval, you is currently being updated, it is a good thing.
Be patient and hang in there.
Best Luck/

Murray,

I was in the same situation as you. I had submitted everything including results of the Xray- negative. When your doctor signs your form have them put the date when you had a positive skin test and also indicate the SIZE. Those two are important. I think if they exceed a certain size in mm, they have to give you medication. Your doctor should know. I had about 10mm, but I asked him to prescribe the medication, because I didn't want to have immigration asking me for proof that I had treatment.

The wait if am not wrong was 1 month or 2 months, but this was last year... I am not sure. Like someone said, they will move faster now, so you maybe in luck.

My chest X-ray result came out "normal"

Hi Guys,

I got my result for my skin test (which is turn out positive), then yesterday I've received result for my chest x-ray (came out "normal"). The nurse did mentioned the measurement of the redness, but I am not sure if 10mm or 15mm, because I'm still waiting for the letter that was sent to recently.

Once received, I will then see the appointed civil surgeon to do my I-693 form. Then only I will see my attorney to submit all documents as requested.

Hi Guys,

I got my result for my skin test (which is turn out positive), then yesterday I've received result for my chest x-ray (came out "normal"). The nurse did mentioned the measurement of the redness, but I am not sure if 10mm or 15mm, because I'm still waiting for the letter that was sent to recently.

Once received, I will then see the appointed civil surgeon to do my I-693 form. Then only I will see my attorney to submit all documents as requested.

hi murray,

did u have to undergo medication? i am in the same situation as u are, but still waiting
for adjustment of status soon. i don't want any delays when that time comes, i'd like to know if i need to have the treatment or will the negative chest x rays be enough?