Tax Transcripts for I-485

andiron4334

Registered Users (C)
now the I-485 app requires also I-864 showing affidavit of support and hence the tax transcripts.
Now i do have 2003/04/05 transcripts but upon calling IRS, they said 2006 transcripts are not ready yet!
So my question is: i have to file without 2006 transcripts..what are other folks doing?

now the I-485 app requires also I-864 showing affidavit of support and hence the tax transcripts.
Now i do have 2003/04/05 transcripts but upon calling IRS, they said 2006 transcripts are not ready yet!
So my question is: i have to file without 2006 transcripts..what are other folks doing?

Use a copy of tax return and w-2's. USCIS will probably send you and RFE for the 2006 taxes. (Actually, they might do that anyway and it will be for information you already sent) but don't worry. Just get 2006 tax transcript when available.

Use a copy of tax return and w-2's. USCIS will probably send you and RFE for the 2006 taxes. (Actually, they might do that anyway and it will be for information you already sent) but don't worry. Just get 2006 tax transcript when available.

There will be no RFE as long as you send your copy of tax return along with W2s and 1099s. It will be good to attach the letter from IRS stating that 2006 transcripts are not yet available. Make sure to attach 2004 and 2004 transcripts.

andiron4334, are you sure about the 2006 transcripts? I got transcripts mailed to me from the IRS for years 2004,2005 and 2006. Maybe it has something to do with the date you filed your income tax returns. I did mine very early, so that may have worked out to my advantage when requesting the transcripts. Anyways, good luck.

As SakshiSrivastav said, per the I-864 instructions submit a copy of your filed return plus W-2 and ALL information statements pertaining to your return (they may be for instance 1099-INTs, 1099-DIV's, 1099-B's, 1099-OID's, or statements about qualified education expenses, scholarships, etc., basically any tax statements you received that you did not have to file but keep for your reference). We did not receive an RFE for ours (yet).