• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tanzanian DV2010 winners?

An update from the latest bulletin to follow...

For March:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 29,600 Except:
Egypt: 18,000
Ethiopia: 16,950
Nigeria: 14,350

For April:

AFRICA 31,700 Except:
Egypt: 20,800
Ethiopia: 19,300
Nigeria: 14,600

Congrats Daima for receiving the GC. You must be very happy ever!! Am waiting to be interviewed next week Tuesday
Am just praying everything to be fine.

TK2010, how did your interview go, and we pray all is well?

Kind regards.

Some DV statistics, including Tanzania-specific

Hi,

I found a file on the internet, which I amended to include current statistics and also put in some numbers of previous Tanzanian winners and visas issued.

Quite nervous about whether I will ever be current, and putting these statistics together is quite reassuring - there is still hope!

Quite a big jump from April to May! We live in hope...

ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN MAY

For May, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
AFRICA 39,200

Except:
Egypt: 23,600
Ethiopia: 22,500
Nigeria: 16,200
ASIA 16,400
EUROPE 29,250
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 4
OCEANIA 1,100
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,200

Quite a big jump from April to May! We live in hope...

ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN MAY

For May, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
AFRICA 39,200

Except:
Egypt: 23,600
Ethiopia: 22,500
Nigeria: 16,200
ASIA 16,400
EUROPE 29,250
OCEANIA 1,100
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,200

Hope is the word my brother. Your time will come soon okay.

Friends,

Any Tanzanian winners around? Please sign up and share your stories...especially those who have been through the entire process.

Many thanks.

ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN JUNE

For June, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
AFRICA 45,600

Except:
Egypt:
Ethiopia:
Nigeria:
ASIA 19,550
EUROPE 31,000
OCEANIA 1,175
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,300

Hi guys,

Its nice to see a Tanzanian thread in here. I got selected for 2011. Im currently on F1 status and wanted to to AOS since my case number is pretty low. However, I worked off campus for 2 - 3 months once upon a time. Do any of you know if it will create a big problem? Im pretty worrried about this. I dont want to go through all the processes only to get a denial. Thanks

Hi guys,

Its nice to see a Tanzanian thread in here. I got selected for 2011. Im currently on F1 status and wanted to to AOS since my case number is pretty low. However, I worked off campus for 2 - 3 months once upon a time. Do any of you know if it will create a big problem? Im pretty worrried about this. I dont want to go through all the processes only to get a denial. Thanks

Hi,

If you were working within the terms of your visa, than that should not be a problem. If it was something you were not allowed to do, then you would need to be careful; obviously, you should not lie.

Not very familiar with US visa rules, maybe somebody else can opine?

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

If you were working within the terms of your visa, than that should not be a problem. If it was something you were not allowed to do, then you would need to be careful; obviously, you should not lie.

Not very familiar with US visa rules, maybe somebody else can opine?

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply. I think I should be fine. You havent updated your status. How is the process going on for you so far?

Hi luckylady,

Sadly, nothing to update :( Still not current, if the last bulletin serves as a guide I should be current in July, so fingers are crossed. So very much want this to happen.

By the way, do you know anyone who has gone through the interview process in Dar? Would love to know how it goes, no local Tanzanian has yet signed up to this thread apart from me, which is a shame. If you do know anyone, please ask them to visit.

All the best, and have a good weekend.

Hi guys,I have recently been selected for 2011 DV lottery program as a Tanzanian candidate. However, my Case No. is a bit high at about 2011AF00049xxx. So what do you think guys? Should I do Adjustment of Status? Or should I go with consular processing? And has anybody ever experienced this kind of number or above?
By the way I am currently living in USA on a student visa. Thanks.

July isnt far away and its months before September so I think you'll definitely be fine. Cheer up! :).

I dont know any Tanzanian from back home who won the lottery in recent years. If I come across any I'll definitely direct them here so you can trade notes.

Have a great weekend!

July isnt far away and its months before September so I think you'll definitely be fine. Cheer up! :).

I dont know any Tanzanian from back home who won the lottery in recent years. If I come across any I'll definitely direct them here so you can trade notes.

Have a great weekend!

Meant for TZ-Bongo :)

Hi guys,I have recently been selected for 2011 DV lottery program as a Tanzanian candidate. However, my Case No. is a bit high at about 2011AF00049xxx. So what do you think guys? Should I do Adjustment of Status? Or should I go with consular processing? And has anybody ever experienced this kind of number or above?
By the way I am currently living in USA on a student visa. Thanks.

Congratulations! I'll let the experienced people to answer you as Im clueless! Im in the US on a student visa too and will be doing AOS.

I am from TZ too and also won 2011 DV. My CN number is way,way far- 00090***, and I am keeping myself live- of getting my visa when it will become current. To me that will be the end of August or early September 2011. Am' absolutely sure that I will have my GC before the end of 2011. Out of 13 million people who played 2011 DV , I was among 100,000 selected, and I am sure I will pass another thresh hold to be among the anointed 50,000.
I am in US on FI status and never been out of status for all the years that I have been here.

Hi GBT, hongera!

It is a high number, but then in so many years Africa becomes current so hang in there - faith and hope will take you very far.

I will gladly post my experience at the Dar embassy (assuming my number becomes current!) so please watch this space.

All the best.

Hi GBT, hongera!

It is a high number, but then in so many years Africa becomes current so hang in there - faith and hope will take you very far.

I will gladly post my experience at the Dar embassy (assuming my number becomes current!) so please watch this space.

All the best.

Thanks, wish u too the best .

Hello Everyone,

Wanted to thank you all for posting your experiences. Here is mine. I just had my interview today. I am a widow with an 11 yr old son.

You have to have your documents in order. Thats the first thing they ask you, after checking into security.
One guy was turned away due to lack of education experience.
One couple got turned away due to not enough documents
One little girl was asked to come back,.

Folks, take more than you need in terms of documents. Take your originals.
If you are married, take all your pictures from your life together.
Take your high school certificates if you said you have high school.

Then you pay the processing fees.
You get interviewed by the counselor.

She asked " Where did you go for secondary school? - my response with a smile.
CO: Where is it exactly- my response
CO: What were the dates - my response
CO: What did you do after high school- my response- I got married and started working and have been working since then.
CO: Where did you work? - my response
CO: Where do you work now?
CO: looks into the computer and says, interesting- My heart practically sinks in my chest, I thought, God please help.
CO: Ok will be right back.
CO: I made copies of your documents- my response- sure, let me make sure i have all the originals- I was jsut worried about my birth certificate.
CO: please sign
CO: - Sign for your son- my repsonse- can he sign himself (he is 11 after all)
CO: ok good, take this and come back on MOnday to pick up your visas.
My response/: -Thank you- with a huge smile- THANK YOU GOD!!!

CN: AF 36XXXX
Recieved 1st NL- April 09
Revcieved 2nd NL - April 2010
Medicals- Done in April
Interview Date- May 5th, 2010.
Waiting to pick up visa: