Taking what filed to the interview again?

immbie

Registered Users (C)
Hey all, I am trying to gather documents for the upcoming interview date. Is everything that we submitted to the chicago box got transfered to the office where the interview takes place? I wonder if I need to take everything with me again?

Moreover, for the form I-864, I put my income and included my employment of letter to verify that I am currently employed and my income will be from the same source after obtaining the green card because I am the "intending immigrant." I already sent them that "official" letter when I filed I-130 and I-485, do I need to request a new one to take with to the interview? or paystubs alone should be sufficient?

Take everything to the interview, no need to leave documents and guess which one USCIS will ask to you.

I will recommend that you bring the bed bugs with you...lol!!!

My lawyer said everything is suppose to be transfered but take everything as sure enough when we went to the interview, they had to make copies of mostly everything and anything your missing, they will tell you to bring it back within 30 days! :( Remember Birth Certs, Divorce decrees, income checks, Proof of legal entry,etc.
They will ask you stupid questions such as have you ever sold drugs, were you ever a prostitute, are you a spy, do you gamble.The person would have to be real dumb to say "yeah, I'm a drug dealing pimp who also does espionage on the side when things are slow". Come on people. I thought it would be more questions relating to why you want to be in the U.S. and how you came to the U.S. and what progress have you made to "fit in" to America. What are your goals or intentions if granted permission? I think they ask absurd questions to throw you off guard and watch your reaction which has nothing to do with being a citizen or permanent residence.
Oh yeah, the officer's might come off as emotionless, but maybe they have to be that way so you can't read their expressions and develop false hope.
Just be yourself, calm, cool and just say yes and no answers. Good Luck!!!!

My lawyer said everything is suppose to be transfered but take everything as sure enough when we went to the interview, they had to make copies of mostly everything and anything your missing, they will tell you to bring it back within 30 days! :( Remember Birth Certs, Divorce decrees, income checks, Proof of legal entry,etc.
They will ask you stupid questions such as have you ever sold drugs, were you ever a prostitute, are you a spy, do you gamble.The person would have to be real dumb to say "yeah, I'm a drug dealing pimp who also does espionage on the side when things are slow". Come on people. I thought it would be more questions relating to why you want to be in the U.S. and how you came to the U.S. and what progress have you made to "fit in" to America. What are your goals or intentions if granted permission? I think they ask absurd questions to throw you off guard and watch your reaction which has nothing to do with being a citizen or permanent residence.
Oh yeah, the officer's might come off as emotionless, but maybe they have to be that way so you can't read their expressions and develop false hope.
Just be yourself, calm, cool and just say yes and no answers. Good Luck!!!!

You couldn't be MORE INCORRECT, specially what you thought the reason for asking these questions is. If you really thought USCIS is trying to find criminal history by asking these "absurd" questions, you are dumb as a rock.

However, if LATER sometime, USCIS finds out that an applicant had LIED to an IO answering one of the questions - the GC or even Citizenship could be revoked. That is the reason my friend.

Did you read the question, "Have you ever committed a crime for which you have NOT been arrested/charged"? You think, who in their right mind would say Yes to this right? Well, imagine a situation where an applicant said NO to this question, got his GC, and later was charged and found guilty of an offense that he committed long before he got his GC. USCIS now can revoke his GC based on the fact that this person LIED to an immigration officer.

I totally see your point and that would really bite if you got your status taken away, I wonder though how many times does USICS actually go back into people's cases and see what crimes have been commited? as everything seems to be so behind. Just like people who rip off food stamps, I never hear about any one getting caught or going to jail.
You couldn't be MORE INCORRECT, specially what you thought the reason for asking these questions is. If you really thought USCIS is trying to find criminal history by asking these "absurd" questions, you are dumb as a rock.

However, if LATER sometime, USCIS finds out that an applicant had LIED to an IO answering one of the questions - the GC or even Citizenship could be revoked. That is the reason my friend.

Did you read the question, "Have you ever committed a crime for which you have NOT been arrested/charged"? You think, who in their right mind would say Yes to this right? Well, imagine a situation where an applicant said NO to this question, got his GC, and later was charged and found guilty of an offense that he committed long before he got his GC. USCIS now can revoke his GC based on the fact that this person LIED to an immigration officer.

I totally see your point and that would really bite if you got your status taken away, I wonder though how many times does USICS actually go back into people's cases and see what crimes have been commited? as everything seems to be so behind. Just like people who rip off food stamps, I never hear about any one getting caught or going to jail.

But I also wonder does anyone say during their interview, "yes I do drugs or yes I gamble". I believe in being honest as lies can bite you in the butt later but I wonder what would USICS say to these people?

So should I request the new employment letter? But I am currently employed at the same company though. I have no problems with the criminals stuff, I have never done those.

I hope the case of Anton Geiser will remain imprinted in your memory, should you commit a crime and hide it from USCIS and US law enforcement, you will still get caught in the next 40 years or so, and you will pay the heavy price. So, the questions at the interview is to have a record of criminality you claim to NEVER have committed. The wheels of justice won't worn out, you will be caught....

Al Southner, I think you got confused somewhere along the way....I'm not a criminal, nor have the intention to commit or hide any criminal activities or lie in my interview. VisaNutz only forwarded a report of one who did commit fraud to show me that justice does finally work for some. I guess you would have to read all the post to see the direction of our post. Thanks for the warning though. :)
I hope the case of Anton Geiser will remain imprinted in your memory, should you commit a crime and hide it from USCIS and US law enforcement, you will still get caught in the next 40 years or so, and you will pay the heavy price. So, the questions at the interview is to have a record of criminality you claim to NEVER have committed. The wheels of justice won't worn out, you will be caught....

im confused in your case i mean the form i864 is fill up by sponser (petitioner) or by applicant.?

My wife is the petitioner but her income didn't meet the requirement. The instruction says that the "intending immigrant", which is me the applicant can use my income to satisfy the requirement as long as I can prove to them that my income will come from the same source after I got my green card.