Switching employers with pending I-485

waavman

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am currently working for end client A, through 3 layers. My employer D which gets paid by company C, which gets paid by preferred vendor B which gets paid by the end client A.
I have got my EAD approved, I-140 approved and a pending I-485 application all of which were filed through my current employer D.
I intend to quit my employer D and join preferred vendor B so that I can eliminate 2 layers. Even though I still have not switched to employer B, B says that if I want, they could backdate my employment with B, back to May 1 2008 and ask company C to withold any May-June payments to company D and instead inform company D that I have already joined company B since May 1 2008. That way I get paid the higher salary starting from May 2008. Company C is not an issue here since it would comply with anything B wants since they know each other very well.
I know these actions would infuriate my current employer D but is there anything D could do to jeopardize my Greencard process ? There is NO non-compete agreement between B & D.
(1) Please let me know of the financial risks involved in doing so
(2) Please let me know of any precautions I need to take beforehand with regards to my pending Green card process so as to not jeopardize it.

thanks
waavman