Supervisor review after interview (IO/DAO/Super?)

mario123

Registered Users (C)
I was told after my interview by the IO that my file would have to be reviewed by a supervisor even though I had the check box checked that says "Congratulations! Your case has been recommended for approval........etc. If you are granted final approval....."

Anybody here aware of this? Also, my wife was interviewed by a DAO (District Adjuducations Officer) while mine was simply "Officer #83" - I assume a plain IO. So................ the interesting thing is is there a difference betw. IO/DAO and Super? Is this standard procedure to have the file "reviewed" for "final approval"? Seems like it's yes and no from searching the threads.

Please post your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have answred your own question, that's yes. that's a standard reply. you are O.K. congrat's

mario123, since May 2006 you typically don't even get interviewed if your background checks (namecheck) haven't completed, so I'd not expect any further problems.

All cases must be reviewed by 2 adjudicating officers, so what you experienced is perfectly normal.

US Senator wrote back to me on my name check and case status, here
is what it says...

"My staff has contacted the BCIS's Newark District Office on your behalf. The Newark District Office has
informed me that BACKGROUND CHECK has been COMPLETED. Your application is currently undergoing review by the officer of record".

What does "review by officer of record" mean? I had my interview in
Dec'06.

Anybody had such a "Review" experience, please share!

US Senator wrote back to me on my name check and case status, here
is what it says...

"My staff has contacted the BCIS's Newark District Office on your behalf. The Newark District Office has
informed me that BACKGROUND CHECK has been COMPLETED. Your application is currently undergoing review by the officer of record".

What does "review by officer of record" mean? I had my interview in
Dec'06.

Anybody had such a "Review" experience, please share!

Can you post your timelines and what exactly happened during your interview? I mean did DAO/IO tell you that your case was "recommended from approval" or "pending"? Did they check the "Congratulations" check box or the "pending" one?

mario 123,

I had my interview at Atlanta on 03-13-2007 (two days back). At the end of the interview, the IO asked me to sign at two places in N400 and he then gave me a sheet of paper and asked me to print my full name on the paper.

He gave the congratulations paper to me and told me that the file has to be approved/reviewed and once approved, someone will give a letter for the oath ceremony and asked me to wait outside.

Since Atlanta has same day oath, we were asked to wait. In your DO it must be the same that they will mail the oath letter as you do not have same day oath.

i donot think you have anything to worry over.

mario 123,

I had my interview at Atlanta on 03-13-2007 (two days back). At the end of the interview, the IO asked me to sign at two places in N400 and he then gave me a sheet of paper and asked me to print my full name on the paper.

He gave the congratulations paper to me and told me that the file has to be approved/reviewed and once approved, someone will give a letter for the oath ceremony and asked me to wait outside.

Since Atlanta has same day oath, we were asked to wait. In your DO it must be the same that they will mail the oath letter as you do not have same day oath.

i donot think you have anything to worry over.

Thanks nss!

The strange thing - in your case, is HOW can someone "review" an entire file in a matter of a few hrs? You say you got your N445 the same day. Wow! So, a supervisor "reviewed" a few 100 pgs and tons of other docs in a matter of hrs? I find that hard to believe! In my case, or anyone else in TSC/San Antonio where they only mail out oath letters, are they actually going to go through each and every file a 2nd time (after the interview)? It just seems so absurd.

Well, having worked in a supervisory capacity, I can only suggest that you come to know the employees you trust to do a thorough job up front, and thus intuitively know how much extra review to give their work. I'm sure USCIS district offices work the same way. Basically the IO is going to say to their supervisor, here is the file and here are the problem areas (if any). The supervisor certainly isn't going to re-analyze every case from start to finish.

Same situation

Hello All. My ID 10/17/07. Newark. Was told that the case will have to be checked by 'other department'. No OL to date. Please share if there have been develpments in ur cases. Tks.

I was told that they're actively processing my case and that he needs additional review. The letter said i should call back if i do not receive a decision notice or notice of action with 6months. What does this mean?