Successful Visa Stamping (H1B & H4) - Tijuana, Mexico on Dec 10th

ramsaiin

Registered Users (C)
Hello Members.

I went for my visa appointment and got the visa issued successfully at Tijuana, Mexico.

Entered Mexico: 9.15am
Cab: Yellow cab (paid 10$ to bank & consulate drop)
Banamex bank: Took 15 minutes to make 2 payments (H1B & H4) & got the receipt for payment.
At Consulate entrance: 9.40am
After security clearance, stood at visa line: 9.55am
Visa appointment: 9.30am
Entire process @ Consulate: approx. 30 minutes. Came out of consulate by 10.25am.

Following are the details:
Date of Appointment: Dec 10, 2007 @ 9.30am - Monday.
Visa Renewal: H1B & H4
Current Status: H1B & H4 (Valid visa in PP & Valid I-94) + (Labor,I-140 approved & I-485 applied, EAD and AP received)
No. of years: 3 Yr H1B & H4 renewal (7th yr to 10th yr)
Been to Tijuana last year for 1 yr renewal (6th yr to 7th yr)
Questions asked by Lady CO to H1B applicant: How many years you have been working for this company? What's your current title & job duties?: I answered both these questions. I also mentioned that I got my visa renewal last year from the same consulate. After that CO asked me: Did your employer apply for your Immigration?: I gave very precise replies, no elaboration.
Questions asked by Lady CO to H4 applicant: What do you do? That's it.
Documents requested by Lady CO:: I-797 & nothing else. I was totally surprised. No other doc's requested. But I had everything that would take to get this visa stamping done successfully. Not even my employer verification letter or pay stubs. These 2 doc's were requested in my last visit.

Lady CO conveyed you can collect your PP after 3pm.

Went around the nearby mall from 11am to 2.45pm. Paid 5$ to yellow cab to mall & paid again 5$ for return to Consulate to collect PP.
Received PP: 3.10pm
At US/Mexico border: 3.30pm. Paid 3$ per head to return to US/Mexico border.
Waited in the long queue: 2 hrs for getting new I-94 plus 30 min to enter US (Customs line)

Everything went fine except for the long wait at the US border.

Please also refer my earlier posting (last yr) trip to Tijuana,Mexico.

Thanks for all your support & information that's been provided in this website.
Ram

Last edited by a moderator: