Successful Mumbai CP on 2/27

mm123

Registered Users (C)
30 second interview after a 6-month buildup was kind of a let down, but I was glad it was over. Just 1 question asked: How long have you been working for (name of company). Will post details soon.

Details of Medicals (at Lilavati):
Recommend the place very highly. Very smooth process. Very professional and courteous staff. Manish does an excellent job of co-ordinating all the steps.

Reached the place by 8:00 am in spite of being up since 4 am (thanks to my 8 months old son). It was hard to time the journey since we were coming from our relatives place in Mulund. Manish had opened up shop by 7:50 am, most people were done with the forms by the time we got there. Someone made a posting that in spite of Lilavati asking you to show up at 7:45 am, there is no activity till 8 am. I guess that one didn\'t help. I would recommend getting there at least 15 minutes before 8 am, so that you can get out of the place sooner.

There were 3 other families/couples for the medicals, including one that I knew back from college days. That made the wait lot easier since we were catching up during most of the waits. Met 098765 and another nice family from Mulund. My son turned on the charm by going into his "cute baby" mode and got everybody in the room smiling at him.

Since we were the last ones to arrive, we got at the tail end of the process. Documents submitted:
1. Completed forms supplied by the hospital
2. Passports (got them right back)
3. 2 passport size photos (no particular format required)
4. Immunization records

X-rays were completed by 9:30 am followed by blood test at about 10:15. We waited in the room till almost noon for the physical exam. This would have been a good time to go get something to eat, but since were not sure of the wait time, we missed the boat. We did carry proof of immunizations from the U.S. and they gladly accepted it. So there was no need to take the shots again, and we were out by 12:15 pm.

We were told that there were some technical problems due to which reports would not be given out in the evening, but the next day. This was the only small negative, but since the process was so smooth, I didn\'t mind the extra trip.

After lunch, we proceeded to My Own Studio near the consulate in the afternoon. Got them the next evening. Seemed like they take pictures in the same INS style as in the U.S - 3/4ths turned face, etc. Still, the consulate rejects all other photos except this studio and the one inside the consulate. Interesting...

How come application fees only for two?

MM123,
      how come you needed only two DDs worth $260 (you mentioned $260 x 2)? You are obviously three, counting the baby. So should you not have 3 such drafts? I am interested because i have a daughter of almost 3, and have been asked to go for the interview with 3 such drafts.

btw, your account of the interview is great. Very detailed, and with all the human aspects thrown in, extremely helpful.

Thanks!

Sorry, couldn\'t reply earlier as I didn\'t have internet access till today. My son was born in the U.S. so I didn\'t have to apply for his green card. But, you\'re right - if you need to apply for IV for your kids, then you would need additional DDs for them.