Successful Interview at Chennai consulate

spkumar123

Registered Users (C)
Dear Firends,

I had a successful interview at chennai consulate on July 16th, 2004.

GC Process Details:
EB2 Category
Labor Applied - Feb' 2003
Labor Approved - July' 2003 (chicago)
I-140 Applied - Sep' 2003
1-140 Approved - Mar' 2004
Successful CP Interview - July' 2004
Total CP Process time - 1 year 5 months.

Interview details will be posted soon here. Overall CP experience was very good.

I MUST thanks to Raju, KD, Alren and all the users of the forum. I also thanks to Rajiv Khanna for this wonderful service to the public.

Thanks all,
spkumar --

spkumar123 said:
Dear Firends,

GC Process Details:
EB2 Category

Interview details will be posted soon here. Overall CP experience was very good.

I MUST thanks to Raju, KD, Alren and all the users of the forum. I also thanks to Rajiv Khanna for this wonderful service to the public.

Thanks all,
spkumar --

spkumar,

Congratulations on your success!

Raju

Fantastic

Great to your quick turn around,
Im sort of in a similar track as well and so if you could post your experiences in a little detail, it will be of extreme help
Particularly your steps after 140 approval.
To me it appears that you have a very short cycle from March - July 2004 after 140 AD to ID
So i would like to get some tips from you that we could follow which can reduce the time lines after 140 AD
TIA for your time.

/S

spkumar:

Congratulations on your success with CP! Hope you have a safe and smooth POE! Live Life King Size!

Dear Friends,

I had a successful interview at Chennai consulate on July 16th and got approved my immigration visa (green card). Let me thank you all the folks in the forum who helped me through my cp journey especially Raju, KD, Alren and other cp gurus. To my opinion, cp process is the simple and easy provided you have a clean employment history (no bench times, not on low annual wages etc.).

July 13, 2004:
Got the lab test at the lister labs by 9:30am and picked up the lab reports the same day at 5:30pm

July 14, 2004:
Took an appointment with Dr.Vijayalakshmi at 9:30am and showed up at the hospital by 9:20am. Waited up to 10:40am and finally got the medical report by 11:30am. We had been told that our medical history is clean.

July 15, 2004:
Arranged all the documents for self and spouse as per the instruction document provided with the packet 4. Later in the day, we did some shopping and had a great food.

July 16, 2004:
We showed-up at the consulate by 8:00am and stood in separate line for immigration visa applicants. We waited for 3 hours before us call-in for document collection by an Indian lady at the window. Since we had arranged all the documents in the specified order as per the packet 4 instruction document, the document collection only took us less than 10 minutes (some of them took as long as 40 minutes). Another 40 minutes waited before we call-in for the Consular Interview (the officer was quite reserved).

CO – Consular Officer

We: Greeted – Good afternoon sir (chorus)
CO: Good after noon

CO: What's your First date of entry to the US and other subsequent entry dates
I: Gave all the dates

CO: Why did you stayed for such a short term (5 months) on H1 for the first time
I: Explained, Project moved to India development center so we had to come back.

CO: Have you ever been laid-off in US
I: NO

CO: Have you ever been on bench during your stay in US

CO: How much will you be paid in US
I: $$$...

CO: give me your detailed tax returns
I: Gave all my detailed tax returns (for the last three years with pay stubs)
Looked at all the documents and gave it back to me within one minute

CO: How long have you been married maa..m.. (looking at my wife)
My wife: for 5 years sir

CO: asked for the marriage photos:
I: Gave an album (small one) with around 30 photos
Looked at the album for 2 minutes and returned

CO: Do you any children?
I: Yes, SIR. We have a son born in US

CO: OK, I approve your immigration visa, the packet arrives in 2-3 business days
We: Thanks Sir (chorus)

We actually got our packer next day to the Chennai local address.

spkumar.

congrats. Don't forget to keep copies of document while travelling. Esp. PCC while leaving India.

spkumar123 said:
Dear Friends,

I had a successful interview at Chennai consulate on July 16th and got approved my immigration visa (green card). Let me thank you all the folks in the forum who helped me through my cp journey especially Raju, KD, Alren and other cp gurus. To my opinion, cp process is the simple and easy provided you have a clean employment history (no bench times, not on low annual wages etc.).

July 13, 2004:
Got the lab test at the lister labs by 9:30am and picked up the lab reports the same day at 5:30pm

July 14, 2004:
Took an appointment with Dr.Vijayalakshmi at 9:30am and showed up at the hospital by 9:20am. Waited up to 10:40am and finally got the medical report by 11:30am. We had been told that our medical history is clean.

July 15, 2004:
Arranged all the documents for self and spouse as per the instruction document provided with the packet 4. Later in the day, we did some shopping and had a great food.

July 16, 2004:
We showed-up at the consulate by 8:00am and stood in separate line for immigration visa applicants. We waited for 3 hours before us call-in for document collection by an Indian lady at the window. Since we had arranged all the documents in the specified order as per the packet 4 instruction document, the document collection only took us less than 10 minutes (some of them took as long as 40 minutes). Another 40 minutes waited before we call-in for the Consular Interview (the officer was quite reserved).

CO – Consular Officer

We: Greeted – Good afternoon sir (chorus)
CO: Good after noon

CO: What's your First date of entry to the US and other subsequent entry dates
I: Gave all the dates

CO: Why did you stayed for such a short term (5 months) on H1 for the first time
I: Explained, Project moved to India development center so we had to come back.

CO: Have you ever been laid-off in US

CO: Have you ever been on bench during your stay in US

CO: How much will you be paid in US
I: $$$...

CO: give me your detailed tax returns
I: Gave all my detailed tax returns (for the last three years with pay stubs)

Looked at all the documents and gave it back to me within one minute

CO: How long have you been married maa..m.. (looking at my wife)
My wife: for 5 years sir

CO: asked for the marriage photos:
I: Gave an album (small one) with around 30 photos
Looked at the album for 2 minutes and returned

CO: Do you any children?
I: Yes, SIR. We have a son born in US

CO: OK, I approve your immigration visa, the packet arrives in 2-3 business days
We: Thanks Sir (chorus)

We actually got our packer next day to the Chennai local address.

hi srini & alren & Raju &Cp Guru's,

Have u given all the year paystubs or only the W2's .
Because i don't have pay stubs for all the years( i didn't keep ).
I have only this year paystubs only but i have last three years W2's.
Is there any issue if my W2 is lesser(50%) than the LC stated for the 2 years( 2001,2002) where as 2003 i have the w2 which is exactly matching with LC stated salary..... becasue i am on vacation due to some reasons on 2001& 2002 years...}

Please suggest...
Thanks
VJ

Congratulations

spkumar

Congratulations. Glad to know that the process was fast and smooth. Enjoy.

DA

spkumar123 said:
Dear Firends,

GC Process Details:
EB2 Category

Thanks all,
spkumar --

Vj

VJ,

In my case I was asked for the copies of W2's and 1040's for the last 3 years(2001, 2002 & 2003). The tax transcripts I got from the IRS was given back to me.

DA

VJ2002 said:
hi srini & alren & Raju &Cp Guru's,

Have u given all the year paystubs or only the W2's .
Because i don't have pay stubs for all the years( i didn't keep ).
I have only this year paystubs only but i have last three years W2's.
Is there any issue if my W2 is lesser(50%) than the LC stated for the 2 years( 2001,2002) where as 2003 i have the w2 which is exactly matching with LC stated salary..... becasue i am on vacation due to some reasons on 2001& 2002 years...}

Please suggest...
Thanks
VJ