• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Successful DV-2010 Interview in LONDON!

USAHolic

Registered Users (C)
Finally, I had my interview and thank GOD that it was successful. :):):)

Because my experience is exactly the same as previous ones, I do not explain it here but I suggest the following tips:

1- Make sure you have all your documents with you at interview. Even take those documents that you think you may not need them. Have your documents in order for each applicant, i.e. originals, photocopies and translations.

2- Arrive early, about 7:00am.

3- Ensure all names match up.

4- Do NOT take any electronic devices with you.

5- Be formal, friendly and always smile.

6- Make sure that all applicants are present at interview.

7- Do NOT try to hide anything.

Staff in U.S embassy in London are incredibly efficient and they are very friendly. So don NOT worry! If you have all your documents with you and your medical and police cert. are OK then you will get the visa.

If you have any question then post it here.

Because my experience is exactly the same as previous ones, I do not explain it here but I suggest the following tips:

1- Make sure you have all your documents with you at interview. Even take those documents that you think you may not need them. Have your documents in order for each applicant, i.e. originals, photocopies and translations.

Staff in U.S embassy in London are incredibly efficient and they are very friendly. So don NOT worry! If you have all your documents with you and your medical and police cert. are OK then you will get the visa.

Congratulations USAHolic! Finally the wait is over. All the best

Many thanks cooldude06_78 & i2009.

I have to say a big thank you to all people who have contributed to this great forum and me.

I wish all the best for any winner in this process.

Congrats Mate! Did u get ur visa same day or u were told to come back to pick? Did u pay for the courier service after ur interview.
Once again, Congratulations

Congrats Mate! Did u get ur visa same day or u were told to come back to pick?

Thanks Ayoblack. Actually none of them. I have been given a blue sheet that my case is under Administrative processing. I should send my passport to embassy by courier after that.

Did u pay for the courier service after ur interview. Once again, Congratulations

No, I should pay later on. again thanks.

Thanks Ayoblack. Actually none of them. I have been given a blue sheet that my case is under Administrative processing. I should send my passport to embassy by courier after that.

Congrats, but why did they put your case under administrative processing? Any hint about that?

Do u have any idea why they put it under administrative processing?

Congrats!:).....but I'm confused at the same time...You are stating having done a succesful interview but if it was succesful you would have been told you would receive your GC within a certain time frame and either get your passport stamped, etc...

If you are on administrative processing it means that something was missing or need further investigation.....Luckily you have many months in front of you and hopefully it won't take more than a couple of weeks.:)

Congrats, USAholic. I have one question. Did you have to do the medical exam in London? I am doing my interview in London as I am a British citizen but I live in US now on H1B (born in Africa). Do I have to do the medical in London or can I do it in the US.

Also, does the letter notifying you of the interview list all the eligible places to do the medical?

Congrats, USAholic. I have one question. Did you have to do the medical exam in London? I am doing my interview in London as I am a British citizen but I live in US now on H1B (born in Africa). Do I have to do the medical in London or can I do it in the US.

Also, does the letter notifying you of the interview list all the eligible places to do the medical?

Since u are doing ur interview in London, I think u have to do the medical in London as well. The American Embassy Appointed medical practitioner is the knightsbridge doctors. U can call them on this number to book appointment for ur medical and they will tell u what address to come to;+44(0)20 7486 7822, monday to friday, from 9.00AM to 5.00PM. U will need ur case number and ur passport number to book the appointment.

If you are doing AOS, then you can only use the list of the approved/designated medical centres in the US. On the other hand, if you are doing CP in London, the medical examination is performed at one of two medical centers in London, i.e. Knightsbridge Doctors. You cannot use the medical certificate obtained from one country to apply for a visa in another country.

Congrats!:).....but I'm confused at the same time...You are stating having done a succesful interview but if it was succesful you would have been told you would receive your GC within a certain time frame and either get your passport stamped, etc...

Do not get confused. Interview is something different than Admin processing. we took the outh and signed the forms. but our case needs further processing which happens for many cases.

If you are on administrative processing it means that something was missing or need further investigation.....Luckily you have many months in front of you and hopefully it won't take more than a couple of weeks.:)

Nothing is missing, but further investigations.

thanks.

Thanks. Yes, if you are gonna to do your consular interview in London then you HAVE TO do your medical examination in London as well (of course as far as I know). You may contact the embassy in London to ensure.

No, it just mention the knightbridges doctors in London.

Do not get confused. Interview is something different than Admin processing. we took the outh and signed the forms. but our case needs further processing which happens for many cases.

Nothing is missing, but further investigations.

thanks.

how long they told you admin process will be? i hear that takes very long and sometimes never get done before end of time to get visa.

Congrat USAHolic,

I will have my interview next week in London, and will keep you all informed of the result. In the meantime, I am not sure of the photo type: can ordinary passport size do good or it should be of the usual size we are asked to send in when we filled and sent the original form.

hope to hear

Congrat USAHolic,

I will have my interview next week in London, and will keep you all informed of the result. In the meantime, I am not sure of the photo type: can ordinary passport size do good or it should be of the usual size we are asked to send in when we filled and sent the original form.

hope to hear

You have to go with a US passport-size photo (2"x2")

Tell me if I am going to win DV11 this year. I need to win because it has been 16 years/times I am aftering it. My wife is so curious to go to America. Suppose if I won dv and get visa where should I look for a job in America? How is life there? Are Americans happy people?