• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Successful cp in london

gooma

Registered Users (C)
Successful cp in london

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Comrades,
Thanks for your contributions. We had a successful interview this morning; my wife is the principal applicant and my son and I are dependents. The process lasted about 55 minutes.
The main questions were:
*Can you tell me about yourself?
*Where will you be going to in the States?
*Do you know someone in the US?

Main Points
* Pray to God
* The embassy staff are friendly and demonstrates readiness to assist you to get the visa.
* Do not send any electronic device including care keys
* Try as much as possible to adhere to the simple rules of the game
* Read about other peoples experiences and ask questions about things you are not clear about.

Good luck to you all.

Successful cp in london

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Comrades,
Thanks for your contributions. We had a successful interview this morning; my wife is the principal applicant and my son and I are dependents. The process lasted about 55 minutes.
The main questions were:

Main Points
* Pray to God
* The embassy staff are friendly and demonstrates readiness to assist you to get the visa.
* Read about other peoples experiences and ask questions about things you are not clear about.

Good luck to you all.

Congratulations Bro !!!

Successful cp in london

Hi Comrades,
The main questions were:

Main Points
* Pray to God

Good luck to you all.
Congratulations!!! The LORD is good.

Congratulation gooma. Would you please let us share how you did on your financial part ?

Congratulations, I am very pleased for you.

My wife is also the principal applicant and I may face the same interrogation so any details you can recall however minute will be most appreciated ( I can appreciate the euphoria and relief you must feel at the moment).

1. What questions was she asked? (My wife does not work as she looks after our daughter - could it be an issue?).

2. Was she as applicant called up first for documentation presentation or was it all done together as family (inc. Interview).

3. Any further insight from your experience will be appreciated all round from all of us still behind you.

Once again congratualtions.

Hi Comrades,

Thanks very much for the replies. I am currently away and will be posting full details of the entire process in the next few hours

Successful cp in London: Details

Interview was scheduled for 8am on 3rd Sept and we were at the gate around 6.30am (my wife being the principal and my son and I 'parasites'). A family of two were in front of us in the queue. At about 7.25 the secuirity came to usher us in - the first family before us were turned away because there had a number of electronic devices on them. We were security checked-in (checked passports, 2ndNL and body check.) We had no problem here because people had already given vivid advice on this in this forum. A number tag was given to my wife 5xxx as the principal applicant and we went into the main hall for our number to be called.

After approx 20mins afterwards our number was called - docs checked, finger prints taken, and red form for courier and a book for new permanent residence given. To make it quicker here organise your docs according to the guide given and pair every original with its copy (we put them in piles for each individual which mean two operations at each time). The officer did not look at or take the original bank statements (mine for July and August) only took the copies and said it was ok (the feeling i got was that they are not too particular or keen about that - could be wrong). At this counter, our Xrays were given to us and advised to keep them properly becos they may be needed in the US. We were asked to go and pay at another counter. At this point I asked myself whether we had been given the visas becos of the way the officer spoke - without any conditions or doubt about our application falling on the rocks. We were asked to take seats and wait for our numbers to be called for interview.

After another 20mins approx. we were called to another counter for the interview. The interview is very informal (standing by the counter and people moving and talking immediately behind you). My wife was asked to talk about herself, what she has been doing and so on. Though she is a professional teacher back home, most of her time is used in looking after our boy due to my busy schedules. She was also asked the state she would be going to and whether she knows someone in the US. After the friendly chart, the lady said: "I think you are qualified. Sign these forms form, your husband first, you and one of you will sign for your child. Then she said we should send the read form to the courier desk and our passports would be delivered to us within 5 working days.

The whole process lasted about 55minutes. Later in the day a text message was sent to us that our passports would be delivered the next morning 04/09/2008.

Thanks