successful CP at chennai feb 18th 2004

elangoashu

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
we had our interview yesterday. Successful.
Entered embassy at 800 am, out by 10 15 am.
Consular Officer, personally, I thought not too friendly. I dont know what others felt.
Advice to future physicians : Please have your waiver (J1) approval handy. Luckily I had those. will post in detail later.
Thanks to this forum, it was really a help. Special Thanks to KD, Raju et al

elangoashu:
Congrats Live life king size!

elangoashu & cpzinga:
Didnt you guys meet each other having had the cp interview the same day! Or were you'll tensed enough to talk to friends around!

KD,

Mine was at 8 am. In my row, there were some other applicants (may be family based) and i was talking to my wife till we were called to the counter.
The documents collection process took more than 35 minutes. The indian officer was slow and was going inside in between.

I met usa04 and another family there.

Soon after my interview i went to the snacks section where somebody came to me and asked about the interview. I said every thing is cool. Since it may not be good to stay for longer time, we left consulate after having coffee.

But i'm sure there were other e2/e1 applicants that day.

cpzinga:

I ws just pulling your legs boss...! Those 3 hours @ the consulate were the best since I got to talk to my wife and catch up on things and also met rohufish (another contributor on this site).

KD,

Yeah. It's different kind of experience.

Also, THANKS TO THE FORUM, I was cool since i have read many experiences (all of them were smooth) and moral support from this forum.

You are doing really nice job and its really appreciated. The suggestions and links are very valuable and relieve people from tensions.

I just have received a call from home that the packets have been received from consulate.

cpzinga:

Received a call from home? So where are you now? Make sure when you get home to verify if there are any typos on the stylish looking immigrant visa approval form!

J1 visa is for physicians who come to US to do a residency or post doc fellows for research.
When u come ona J1 visa, there is a 2 yr home country requirement, which can be waived if u work ina medically underseved area in US.

Elangoshu,

Thanks. I think our cases have been processed almost simultaneously. I know you had some problems and by god's grace every thing went well...

All the Best and Enjoy your Life in US...