successful CP - 15th july 2003 - mumbai

chiks

Registered Users (C)
The steps were no different than already outlined by others.
But the consular officer was not in a very good mood that day and he went about asking what the company does, what does my job entail, what is ERP(i am a SAP consultant), what does SAP stand for. Finally he asked for my Business Card, and I happened to be carrying one luckily and gave that to him.

BUT

my daughter(5 yrs of age) faced some problems. Her passport was made when she was 1-1/2 yrs old. The officer refused to give her a visa unless I produced a passport with a recent photograph of her. Mind you, her passport was valid till 2008.

So it became a lot of trouble trying to get a new passport on "Tatkal" basis within 3 days, 'cause I was leaving on the 21st night.

So guys, watch out for your childrens passports.

And yes. regarding the I-94(if u remember) for my dependants, they were not a problem at the airport, even though they were valid till last year only, but I had a valid I-797 which I carried with me.

now waiting for my green card to be delivered.

more later.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience and congratulations on completing the process successfully!

I would think there are lots of people in the same situation like yours in this forum with their son/daughter's passport done when they were 6 mos to 1 yr old and I am one of them with my son's passport done when he was just 6 mos old and now he is almost 4 and obviously, looks quite different. So I guess we may have to prepare ourselves for a worst case scenario.

And a question on your I-94: Technically don't you become out of status with an expired I-94 ?? And there were no issues...?

Thanks and good luck for the rest of the process ahead.

RK

that is what I thought, but the immigration officer I talked to reassured me that the H-4 family and that too an immigrant visa applicant, would be no problem if you simply showed them the latest valid I-797.

I entered USA (POE-Philly) on 22nd July.

I have not yet recd my Green card.

any ideas where to follow up on this?

Chiks

Which category were you EB1/2/3 ?

I would like to know since i am contemplating doing an AC-140 and being an EB3 i would like to know if you were one and did you have any trouble getting your case accepted in Mumbai.

regular route...no ac140.
I was EB2.

anyway, i have not yet recd. my Green Card. POE 22ndjuly.
any ideas when I should recieve it?

Hi, I am also EB3 and planning to apply for CP and ACI140. Please let us know if there could be any problem, and what is the probability of acceptance? Also could you provide (if possible) content for ACI140.