Submitted RFE recently and waiting for approval

How long does it take NSC to update the online status after the RFE is received?

The response letter to RFE was received by the NSC this morning based on FEDEX tracking. Just wonder usually how long it takes NSC to update the online status to "Response Received."

Thanks

No approval.....

Its been more than 2 months since INS received my RFE response (5/27/2004). No approval as of Yet... I did my Second FP on 07/01/2004.

The wait is killing me, any thoughts on probable approval ???

I 485: 12/20/2002.
1 FP: 02/01/2003.
RFE: 05/06/2004, Response Received by INS on 05/27/2004.
2 FP: 07/01/2004, Updated by INS on 07/08/2004.

UTGC2002 said:
How long does it take NSC to update the online status after the RFE is received?

The response letter to RFE was received by the NSC this morning based on FEDEX tracking. Just wonder usually how long it takes NSC to update the online status to "Response Received."

Thanks

My daughter's case status was updated to "On July 30, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information".

More info can be found at http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133113

I've received my second FP, and it's scheduled for 9/11/04. I will probably go for early FP. Would you please update my details.

Thanks

RFE issued:04/16/2004
Replied: 5/11/2004
RD:09/20/2002
ND:11/17/2002
FP:01/07/2003

My case was approved on July 30th.

RD - 08/22/2002
2ndFP - 1st week of June
RFE received by attorney - 29th June
RFE Received by CIS - 13th July
AD - JUly 30.

Do you know contacting congressman or senator or thier offices affect your case adversely or otherwise?

peterwang60 said:
Guys,

I also sent an email to Mr. Joh D. Dingell, who is congressman serve 15th district in Michigan, trying to see if he could give some help.

If you want to write email to congressman, what you need to do is go to http://www.house.gov, and find it out who representes your living area.

Just have a try, otherwise you don't know what could happen if you didn't try it.

:D :D :D

Approved

AliMahmood said:
My case was approved on July 30th.

RD - 08/22/2002
2ndFP - 1st week of June
RFE received by attorney - 29th June
RFE Received by CIS - 13th July
AD - JUly 30.

Mine too on same date.

RFE received by USCIS - 23rd July
AD - July 30 (after one week)

Can you guys do us all in this forum a great favor. I know your cases have been approved but can you find out when were your FBI name checks were complete?Please, please find this out and let us know because a lot of us are in the same as you as far as ND is concerned but we don't know what is holdin up our cases. It may be just that we have to wait but if it is becuase of name check or something, we can do something more.Please help us. And Congrats!!

Jagabalia said:
Mine too on same date.

RFE received by USCIS - 23rd July
AD - July 30 (after one week)

I faxed an Name check request on June 11th and got reply by email on July 16th that FBI had completed a record check for me on 11th Jan, 2003 and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

IF you have sent the name check verification then wait for a month they will definitly reply you the Name check request.

Thanks,

Thank you. Kumar is saying it right-that FBI name is done just once usually!
Jagabalia said:
I faxed an Name check request on June 11th and got reply by email on July 16th that FBI had completed a record check for me on 11th Jan, 2003 and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

IF you have sent the name check verification then wait for a month they will definitly reply you the Name check request.

Thanks,

dev28,

Don't know if it will be good or bad to contact congressman or senator on my case, just want to have a try.

Is there any way to find out what block our cases? When should we inquery FBI?

Thanks,

RFE response updated - waiting

Here are my details..

ND: July 05, 2002
2nd FP: May, 2004
RFE recieved: July 02, 2004
RFE reply to BCIS: Aug 03, 2004

RFE on birth certificate non-availabiility and affadivits..

Very imp note to fellow viewers.. If you do not have properly formatted birth certificate or have one issued recently, please do not count on it. BCIS may issue RFE on this.

The best solution is get a non-availability certificate from local authority in INDIA (non availability meaning..it is not recorded at the time of birth) and take two affadivits from your parents. Also add any school certificate with DOB as secondary evidence. This is precisely what BCIS is looking for incase they have doubts on your B.C

non availability certificate format

I am not sure if there is a specific format.

Assuming you are from INDIA, here is the format. As US has different rules for B.C for citizens of each country..

If you are from A.P, typically form 10 from your registrar office is the best format. Or else the municpal commissioner can issue a certificate with the above format..

I am attaching both the sample and a snapshot of form10 (posted by some guy earlier)

Just an FYI,
I've received my second FP on aug 3rd and it's scheduled for 9/11/04. I went for early FP today, they accepted to take with no questions asked,

Thanks
RFE issued:04/16/2004
Replied: 5/11/2004
RD:09/20/2002
ND:11/17/2002
FP1:01/07/2003
FP2:08/05/2004

I finally got second FP notice last week. But my wife hasn't. If it is our 3rd EAD app triggered this (filed amonth ago), (hope) my wife should get FP soon.