Submitted RFE recently and waiting for approval

485 -approved

Hi all,

My 485 approved after 6 weeks of waiting from RFE RCVD date. Still Dependent is not approved. Thank you for this forum.

My details:

RD OCT 2002
ND NOV 2002
FP June 2003
Ist EAD Sep 2003
2nd EAD Applied Apr 2004 AD???
RFE May 2004 (EVL , Birth Certificate)
RFE RCVD June 2004
485 approved 23rd July 2004.

My Thanks

PEACE_OF_MIND,

Once you gave good advise on Birth certificate in this forum , Thank you very much for your advise. I got 485- approval after 45 days from RFE RCVD date

Hi Guys,

Just want to share my experience with you after calling customer service center:
Waited 15 mins, got hold of a gentleman, his name is Edward, he told me they were processing Feb1, 2002 cases, I have to wait..., blah, blah. Showwed me where I should go to check processing date. I was so tired of his talking, then I asked him to transfer me to immigration officer.

Waited another 2 mins, had a chance to talk with a lady named Salvage, she told me the same thing. For the 60 days time frames after RFE, she said she didn't know such policy, this made me really mad, I argued with her if this is not policy, why the other customer representative keeps telling me when I called.
If the processing time is Feb 2002, why they still post "this kind of case takes about 570 - 600 days ...." under my case status, they should update it, if nobody processes my case, why do they issue RFE? what for? She could not explain to me, just keep telling me to write a letter to NSC asking all my questions. I insisted her to transfer me to NSC, she was not willing to.

I am not giving up, and I will write a letter to NSC as Miss Salvage told me, even if it's useless.

Have a good day!

My case moved one more step ahead..., Worst wait ---> worse wait.
Worst wait: Your attorney and employer say that they have already replied to RFE.., but in actual they have not yet....., and you are waiting for approval. (since LUD and status update does not occur in every case).
Worse wait: Losing patience to wait for approval, after watching status update as RFE reply recieved.

Hi Guys,

I just called again today after I checked policy on https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Nebraska

If you received a request for evidence and you responded more than 60 days ago ....

During the first call, I waited for 8 mins, talked with Jenny, she was not very polite, (I don't care) and she read me policies while I interrupted her, asking to be transfered to Immigration Officer, she was mad and told me that she were not allowed to transfer me to Immigration Officer, but she could transfer me to her manager, I said that'd be fine. Then my connection was cut off. :D :D ( I knew she was mad with me, sorry I didn't mean to)

After be cut off, I tried another call, waited 12 mins, this time I was kind of lucky as I met a lady that she was willing to put a request for me on my case, when I heard of this, I was so exciting, but couple minutes later, I was told that their system doesn't allow her to forward the request to the Service Center, she wanted me to call back next month, as their system will be updated next month, so the new version could allow them to send request. At the same time, I could write a request letter to Service Center by myself while I am waiting.

As I said, I will do it. Let's see what could happen.

:eek: :eek:

peter,

i have gone thru the same route earlier this year. they after talking to several IIOs they finally told me their system does not allow them to request a quiry on the case. i also contacted two congressmen. a lady from the second congressman was very helpful and followed my case with NSC. the answer was basically, they can do anything since they have not reached my receipt date yet. thus the question!?

EB3RIR_MO and mi2004;

Thank you for your information. I have written a letter and will mail it out to NSC tomorrow. Don't want to give up so easily.

Regards,

mi2004:

FYI

Terry E. Way, Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service
Nebraska Service Center
850 S Street
Lincoln, Nebraska 68501

Guys,

I also sent an email to Mr. Joh D. Dingell, who is congressman serve 15th district in Michigan, trying to see if he could give some help.

If you want to write email to congressman, what you need to do is go to http://www.house.gov, and find it out who representes your living area.

Just have a try, otherwise you don't know what could happen if you didn't try it.

:D :D :D

Didn't he retire recently?

peterwang60 said:
mi2004:

FYI

Terry E. Way, Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service
Nebraska Service Center
850 S Street
Lincoln, Nebraska 68501

Peter ... I dont know if this would help you but there has been a pretty insignificant development in my wife's case. You may want to know this because you are in a similar situation.

After haggling with those dumb-heads for one month an "inquiry" was initiated by the dumb-heads as to locate/re-issue her RFE which neither reached me or my lawyer.

Yesterday a letter came to my home address from them saying that an inquiry has been initiated. I dont know what is going to happen next but I will keep you posted.

mi2004,

Thank you for your info.

You know why I want to write letter to those guys or push my case forward, because my attorney did this for me on March. When I argued with him if he could write a letter to CIS, he suggested me to sue them, so I agreed with his idea. The first step of his plan was to write a letter to Terry in NSC informing we plan to sue them if they will not do anything on my case and we waited more than a month, NSC issued RFE on my case. Don't know if it was the letter triggering that happened. According to my attorney's plan, if we didn't get any feedback from NSC in two months, then the second step will be put NSC in Michigan court.

I don't want to sue NSC if they could close my case very soon, my attorney just want to make money on my case, I knew his thoughts.

Yesterday, I wrote email to Congressman, and also forwarded it to "Problem or Comment on your (non E-filed) application" to Immigration.reply@dhs.gov, don't know if these action could give me some help on my case.

Just have a try and do what I could.