Stuck in the name check for over a year.

Looks like FBI in not friendly to Moscow and Rostov. :D
If I rename myself to KYPCK I can join your sweet company.

Looks like FBI in not friendly to Moscow and Rostov. :D
If I rename myself to KYPCK I can join your sweet company.

I'm from Moscow, and I was lucky enough to clear the dreaded name check. Still no IL, though!

I'm from Moscow, and I was lucky enough to clear the dreaded name check. Still no IL, though!

Let me guess, you don't have any paper trail/proof that your name check has cleared? (because they never give any papers out at infopass)

Did you call 1-800 and confirmed that your name check has cleared? Congressman/Senator?

I aint sayin nothin, but I've seen people sitting on "they told me my name check has cleared" for a while.

"Trust nobody, but you can trust us" (c) USCIS

You don't want to be in our company, comrade. We all rather be in a company "my name check was completed and I got IL" - anyone knows how to sign up to it? :)

I'm going to sign up for this "Trusted Traveler" program - may be that will be my VIP pass? http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/trusted_traveler/

My PD is 01/2006, pal, and my interview took place in 06/2006. So, I guess, you rather don't won't to be in my company of "27 month of name check". :D

Let me guess, you don't have any paper trail/proof that your name check has cleared? (because they never give any papers out at infopass)

Did you call 1-800 and confirmed that your name check has cleared? Congressman/Senator?

I aint sayin nothin, but I've seen people sitting on "they told me my name check has cleared" for a while.

"Trust nobody, but you can trust us" (c) USCIS

I spoke to about 5 different IOs (4 of them on the phone, by calling customer service) and every one of them told me that my name check was cleared and that I was placed in queue for interview on January 30, 2008.

My PD is 01/2006, pal, and my interview took place in 06/2006. So, I guess, you rather don't won't to be in my company of "27 month of name check". :D

Well, PAL, the only explanation I see (besides that you're being lazy bum) for you still be here during last 18 months (after 120 days since 06/2006) is that you, PAL, really enjoying it here :)

You did read http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check didn't you, PAL?
Well, I suggest you read it again, PAL

PS. Unless it is your job to be here. In that case, I apologize, officer, I never meant to offend any government official.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spoke to about 5 different IOs (4 of them on the phone, by calling customer service) and every one of them told me that my name check was cleared and that I was placed in queue for interview on January 30, 2008.

Are you sure you spoke with IO when you called 1-800 or just CSR? Did they say anything about current lengths of the queue? Find out when naturalization ceremony happens in your area, could be every 3-4 months and try to find out which ones soonest already filled-in.

Have these same people indicated if their application has been placed in queue for an interview?

You mean "if they we told their application has been placed in queue for an interview"?
You know, my last infopass, IO told me that "You will most likely get IL by the end of 425 days listed on your NOA". He even highlighted 425 days with yellow marker :)

You mean "if they we told their application has been placed in queue for an interview"?
You know, my last infopass, IO told me that "You will most likely get IL by the end of 425 days listed on your NOA". He even highlighted 425 days with yellow marker :)

My second InfoPass was completely useless. You can find out the same exact information by calling customer service. Truthfully, the IOs know next to nothing. It's been proven over and over that we, as members of this forum, are much more knowledgeable that most IOs. Keep in mind that the only thing an IO can do is give you the information that appears on their terminal. The 425 days that's printed on your NOA is a random number. For instance, prior to May 2007, NYC DO was processing cases in about 3-5 months, yet the NOA always listed 540 days.

I think it would be pretty safe to assume that name check has been cleared if all five INS employees says so, no reason to be over-paranoid.

I think it would be pretty safe to assume that name check has been cleared if all five INS employees says so, no reason to be over-paranoid.

Oh, I'm sure it's been cleared. It's just that NYC slowed down, as a result of the backlog. There's a member of this forum (Vik Pal) whose PD is 5 weeks before mine (name check cleared), and he's still waiting for an IL.

The 425 days that's printed on your NOA is a random number. For instance, prior to May 2007, NYC DO was processing cases in about 3-5 months, yet the NOA always listed 540 days.

With all due respect, bro :) I have my theory about these numbers:
1. "Normal processing times" that change every month - average of processing times for "normal cases" (no name check story, folder with N400 not lost or thrown away) - people processed +/- 1-2 months within that window.
2. What is printed on NOA is largest/longest processing time known to DO at the time of NOA (again, for "normal cases") - reason for this: USCIS doesn't want to be bothered by people with "normal cases" until they become "trouble cases".
3. Because "Normal processing times" always changing, by the time case reaches end of "Normal processing time" whatever printed on NOA might not be accurate.

In the end, you are right, that number doesn't mean a sheet :)

OK, I am ready with my pleading with court. What addresses do I use to summon
1. Michael Chertoff, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
2. Emilio T. Gonzalez, Director of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
3. Evelyn Upchurch, Director of Texas Service Center of USCIS
4. Robert S. Mueller III, Director of Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Anybody have them handy?

OK, I am ready with my pleading with court. What addresses do I use to summon
1. Michael Chertoff, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
2. Emilio T. Gonzalez, Director of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
3. Evelyn Upchurch, Director of Texas Service Center of USCIS
4. Robert S. Mueller III, Director of Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Anybody have them handy?

DHS
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Washington, D.C. 20528

FBI
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20535

TSC
USCIS TSC
PO Box 851488
Mesquite, TX 75185-1488

And for central USCIS office to summon Emilio T. Gonzalez is it?
USCIS,
111 Massachusetts Ave., N.W.
Washington, DC 20529

Ain't DHS has a street address?

And for central USCIS office to summon Emilio T. Gonzalez is it?
USCIS,
111 Massachusetts Ave., N.W.
Washington, DC 20529

Ain't DHS has a street address?

USCIS is part of DHS..it's in the same building and therefore same address

Emilio Gonzalez., Director, USCIS
Director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Office of the General Counsel
Washington, DC 20528

There's no listed street address for the DHS or USCIS as the postal service will know where to deliver it.

How do you know youre stuck in a check. I did my fp in april and never got an lud. Does that mean i am stuck in one? I did call fbi and the woman said it was sent to uscis the same day and the system is backlogged. But looking through the forum everybody else gets lud, but i dont.
I just dont know what all that stuff really means.
Help? Anyone?