Strange question at POE

US noncitizens nationals can apply for citizenship too. Just don't know how their eligibility are different from ours. Apparently they don't have issue such as abandoned GC, deportable offenses.
I would tend to agree with you that American Samoans do not have to worry about deportation or denial of admission. However, in terms of naturalisation requirements, they follow the general rule for other permanent residents - that is 5 years of continuous residency and a good moral character.

I would tend to agree with you that American Samoans do not have to worry about deportation or denial of admission. However, in terms of naturalisation requirements, they follow the general rule for other permanent residents - that is 5 years of continuous residency and a good moral character.

I think a non-citizen national enjoy all rights and priviledges of a US citizen except voting and running for office. And they do not need
to serve on jury maybe. Even if they vote, they will not be deported and only face crminal prosecution which is rare.

So I guess many non-citizen nationals don't even want to spend $675 on citizenship and even if they do, they may feel the N400 process
is woryy-free but a very boring process because whatever outcome is practically irrelevant to them. Of course things change if
a non-citizen national can not sponsor relatives for GC etc.

Last edited by a moderator: