• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Stranded DV winner

smugg99

Hi all, I am an African student DV2007 winner
I Had my cp interview on 04 Oct 06 in London, however, there were a couple of issues with my wife's passport. Her date of birth was wrong in the passport and didn't correspond with her birth certicate.
I also dropped one name and thus my birth certificate still has the dropped name, although it doesn't appear on my passport.
Anyhow we were called to submit our paperwork, paid the fees and sworn an oath. The officer then said go home and we will contact you.
To this date everytime I have contacted the Embassy, I have been told that my application is still being review and that if any further information becomes available, I will be contacted.
Our visas are soon expiring, but we can not renew them because our passports are at the US embassy. X-mas is off as we can not travel home either.
Any advice and cp experience in UK welcome. Ta

Depending on your country of origins, the process can be long or short. So, it's possible ( "normal" ) for you to wait longer. ( for some countries, the background checks take longer )

BUT I do not think that it is normal that the Embassy still holds your passport.
It's been 2months for you without your passport = ultimate ID => unacceptable to me.
Contract them once more in writing ( fax so that you have a copy and confirmation ) so that you get your passport back.
Otherwise take a lawyer: it will cost you some money, but it will be worth it.

On the other hand ( to explain why your process takes longer ) if you had noticed before that your wife's passport was wrong, you should have had it corrected : it's usually free if the mistake comes from the administration ( seems so since it doesn't match the birth certificate ).
Having all your documents correct and in order ( and translated if necessary ) is really a very simple thing to do, and it would have saved you some time and stress ! In your case, it's fine ( we are not in September ), but still.

Last edited by a moderator:
the same situation

[COLOR=DarkOrange]guys,
iam in the same situation,after my interview due to my medical result was not ready i was given the same yellow paper stated that i will be reinvited that i should come along with my medical report.though iam suppose to have my interview on the 22nd of november later they called me for an interview on the 9 of november and my medical report were meant to be available on the 20th of november,all the same i summited geniune document as in my credentials,i went there today december 11th for enquire they said that i should keep coming for enquire to know how far.well i do believe that its not do or die affair God own the best for man i believe that i am just trying to get the best in life but believe me God knows the best.......brothers and sisters pls dont blame US embassy in nigeria for these pls blame our government they re the cause of all these .....remain bless you all ..i will get in touch with the room if there is any changes. :) undefined[/COLOR]

Do not loose hope

obinna43,Pls do not lose hope it shall be well with you.Everything is gonna turn out fine.
Are you sure there is no issue with ur documents and all that?
In all, i believe prayers is the key to every thing in this universe.
Tell your God what you want and so shall it be.

Best of luck.

not do or die affair

shelnkid i really appreciate ur concern,from what u asked sincerelly all my credentials are correct if not i know the consiquences....i would not like to waste my money for the interview! iam not that fool,i would have used that money for my yaba tech admission hoping that everything will work out fine but look at what happining around us now most people from nigeria with similar
issue.sorry my fellow country people i wont like to talk much about this again
but as i said dont blame USA embassy Just blame our government for all these .thanks still looking forward to hear from u guys and if there is any changes i will still contact my fellow american's dreamer....may peace be with u all. :)

Obinna,
I do not think you have a problem yet.Have you presented your Medical report yet?You should know that a clean bill of health is one of the conditions for which the Visa could be granted and as such they could not make any conclusive decision without it.The fact that they gave u a yellow envelop or card(whatever) does not mean u have been denied Visa it only means u still have some outstanding documents to present which in your case is the medical report.

If you are denied Visa, they will tell you so.
Pls keep your mind at rest and dont give up on it.
It shall come to pass.

Best of luck.

shelkid,thnks

u re very right shelkid,my medical report is still here with me,they said i should bring it along when i were reinvited.u re wonderful one i dont know how to thank u again but still remain bless
sorry are u male or female.....why iam asking is that ur ID sound like female.
MAY PEACE BE WITH U ALL IN THIS ROOM
I WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO HEAR FROM U GUYS ,ONE LOVE

Obinna,
Just make sure u contact the embassy from time to time to get a definate date for the completion of ur interview.And dont forget to post the development on the forum here so we all could learn from your experience.
To answer your question, i am male.My wife is the principal applicant in the DV 2007.
I am hanging out here on the forum to get as much information as possible in preparation for our interview.

Best of luck.

i will

Shelkid,
u really sound like a matured man,thanks for the answer as well as the effort been applied to my issue.definetly i will send my experrience as in summary to the room because what man has being going through is enoguh to write a complete history test book. one love my big bros and my big sisters in africa especially naija people that making this room happen
everyone in this room are giving out the best of the information they have for this reason no need to name name but to say more grease to our elbows.big thanks to evryone in this room.hold on to peace :)

from the experience on other forums - if you are missing a document, the consulate does not reinvite you. You bring the docs to the consulate as soon as you have them ready. They usually have a drop box for those, or you may visit in person, if you can get in.