Stolen A#+EAD+SSN+DL

compass

Registered Users (C)
:( Gurus please help and advise!
My spouse had the wallet stolen and inside was everything, including drivers lic (with name and address), EAD with A#, SSN card photocopy, and of course all ATM and credit cards and other stuff. Of course signature was on many cards.
We blocked credit cards, but my questions are:
1) can it cause some immigration problem in future for green card, concerning 'stolen identity'? like, thief could use SSN+name+address+signature combination for something illegal?
2) EAD was only few days old, just renewd, showed to employer and a photocopy was made. Should we apply again for EAD (however, we can not because is more than 6 months for current EAD to expire), or just use the photocopy?
Thanks!

In my humble opinion, unless your wife plans to change her job - there is no need to re-file for her EAD. Because she already showed the EAD to her employer - it will simply be a waste of money to order a new card. Find something better to do with the funds.

Geting a replacement drivers license should be a high priority. EAD is a low priority, in my opinion.

Next time be more careful and don't carry it around.

Thanks alex! Yes we will file for replacement EAD, since current work is part time and not sure for how long more...
DL was surprisingly easy, just couple hours in line then got a new DL after showing a photocopy of the old one (and of course paying fee) in just few minutes.