Stolen A#+EAD+SSN+DL

compass

Registered Users (C)
Gurus please help and advise!
My spouse had the wallet stolen and inside was everything, including drivers lic (with name and address), EAD with A#, SSN card photocopy, and of course all ATM and credit cards and other stuff. Of course signature was on many cards.
We blocked credit cards, but my questions are:
1) can it cause some immigration problem in future for green card, concerning 'stolen identity'? like, thief could use SSN+name+address+signature combination for something illegal?
2) EAD was only few days old, just renewd, showed to employer and a photocopy was made. Should we apply again for EAD (however, we can not because is more than 6 months for current EAD to expire), or just use the photocopy?
Thanks!

I would call the USCIS ASAP and ask what they recommend. Perhaps consult with a lawyer.

compass said:
Gurus please help and advise!
My spouse had the wallet stolen and inside was everything, including drivers lic (with name and address), EAD with A#, SSN card photocopy, and of course all ATM and credit cards and other stuff. Of course signature was on many cards.
We blocked credit cards, but my questions are:
1) can it cause some immigration problem in future for green card, concerning 'stolen identity'? like, thief could use SSN+name+address+signature combination for something illegal?
2) EAD was only few days old, just renewd, showed to employer and a photocopy was made. Should we apply again for EAD (however, we can not because is more than 6 months for current EAD to expire), or just use the photocopy?
Thanks!

If you have a copy of EAD you can continue to work. Give a Police complaint and apply for duplicate EAD.

No Need to Panic!

I too got my vallet stolen couple of months ago, I lost my EAD, SSN card and CC's. To obtain a new EAD card, you have to fill the same paper work, but make sure you check 'the replacement/renew EAD Card' in the application. mine got replaced with in a Month, make sure you to the paper work correctly!!

Good luck!

No Need to Panic!

I too got my vallet stolen couple of months ago, I lost my EAD, SSN card and CC's. To obtain a new EAD card, you have to fill the same paper work, but make sure you check 'the replacement/renew EAD Card' in the application and good cover letter mention briefly about the incident. Mine got(EAD) replaced with in a Month, make sure you have all the paper work done correctly!!

Good luck!

Thanks everybody for your replies!
Yes I guess we must apply for a duplicate EAD, in case it will needed for another employer, current is a part time and maybe not for long. We will write a cover letter indicating current EAD was stolen, and mark 'replacement', I just checked they have separate boxes 'replacement' and 'renewal'.