Still waiting for K1 approval from Vermont.

A

ali9686

Hey guys, can really use some advice. I am a Naturalized USA citizen from Pakistan back in April03.

I meet my fiance in Pakistan back in March09 and we got engaged in April09. It was an arranged come love type of ordeal. Stayed for a couple of months as a i took a break from my studies. I came back to the US in October09 and applied for her K-1 visa using I-129-F form in December 09. Submitted the K1 form, the two G325A forms, a bunch of pictures, and even letters stating that once she enters the US we will marry in 90days, and i doing the same once she enters the US.

The USCIS center in Vermont received my application on December 10th 2009 and ever since then its still under initial review. I am still waiting for approval from the Vermont Service center. I check the USCIS website everyday and its still showing initial review!?

My question is that it is still too early to expect a decision or is the website that slow to be updated?

Thanks,
Ali

If I were you, I'd contact your local congressman and ask for Congressional Tracking to try to help get it moving. From what you've said, it looks like someone stuck your file in a drawer somewhere and forgot about it. I'm sorry. I'm still pretty new to all of this. I am dealing with a rotten situation from an attorney who has just caused us more headaches and I hate seeing others going through the waiting game that seems endless too.