Steps for Green Card After EAD

phir

Hi,
I am Married to a US citizen. I have recived my EAD in March 2003. I have already given my finger print. Case Status at BCIS I gives following message -

Your I181 CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE was received on February 7, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Now it has already taken more than 60 days and I have not recieved any correspondence from BCIS.

I was just wondering what are the next steps. After going through the posts in this forum . I found out that there is an interview that needs to happen. Is that the next step?

Should I go to the local office(NJ) to inquire about the case? If yes what should I be asking them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Phir

Phir,
If you applied directly to NJ local office, how are you able to see status online ??

My case is in NJ too but all I got is a receipt so far.. However the receipt said clearly that after the FP, there will be AOS interview within 9 months of my Receipt date.

What information does your receipt have ??
Please post your RD, ND, FP Date, EAD Date ??

Your response will be appreciated.

Hi SWaiting,
I never got any receipt. I called vermont to find out my eac number and through that I found out my status online.
It has not changed since then.

I guess I still have to wait for the AOS interview.

The family based petition is submitted directly in the local office ie NEwark in our case. So how did Vermont get in Picture ? Can you please post your time line too...

thanks

Yes, I did submit the application to Newark. I never got a reciept for it. So I called Vermont and they gave me an EAC number to track it.

Finger Printing done- Feburary 2003 - I dont remember the exact date.
I765 - approved March 25 2003

AOS - waiting.

Phir,
Its good that it worked out for you thru Vermont. On the receipt, I received from NJ, it says that FP will be done by Aug, EAD in Sep and AOS in Mar 2004.

How was Vermont able to get details regarding your case ? I mean what information did you give them to get the EAC No since you had no receipt ?

thanks

Through I 130 they tracked the EAC number. I had a reciept notice for that. Once my I130 got approved I mailed I485 & I765.
I did not receive any notice. I called Vermont and they gave me 2 seperate EAC numbers one for I 485 and one for I 765. SAme should be the case for you.

I applied for the I-485, I-130, I-765 together to Newark. Nothing went to VSC ever. I will try the 800 No and see if they have any info for online tracking...

SWaiting,
I am a US citizen and I applied for my husbands I-485 (All together) in may 2003 at vermont service center and it came back to us after a month. We were supposed to submit it at the local office, which was Newark, NJ.
We sent the same forms back to Newark office in June and My husband had his fingerprints taken in the first week of July.
Although he has not received any EAC number.

His fingerprint had the A # for reference not the receipt number or the EAC number. Even we are wondering what to do next.
To track his status he needs the receipt or the EAD number.

Any ideas.....Please help.

ikazmi,
Phir's case is different in the sense that he/she applied for I-130 thru VSC first and then the 485 later to Newark. So he has a EAC No to track. But Once it reaches the Local office, the updates from local office are not reflected on the online system.

In our case, since we applied directly to Newark the whole package, the local office status cannot be checked online at all.

Didnt you recieve a receipt from Newark when you applied ?
Thats all we will get as far as status is concerned. The good part of applying local in Newark is that its really fast compared to other Centers. The bad part is you cant track any thing...

I applied in mid June too and the receipt said that the FP will be done by mid Aug. When did you apply exactly ?? and how many days after that did you receive the FP notice as it seems your FP happened real fast ..

What is the deadline they have mentioned for AOS interview ? mine it says April 2004....

your response will be appreciated...

goodluck

SWaiting

Applied in May to VSC. Came back to us in First week of June. Applied back to Newark in June mid.

Only response we got a week after applying was "We have received your application. To process this kind of a case it will take :
GC: April 2004
FP: 60 Days
EAD: 90 days.

Although the FP notice was received 2 weeks after the application was applied.
FP held on July 3rd.

We have received an A# but not the receipt number so far.

I guess in our case the priority date is May (Coz we applied in May to VSC and on every form they had put the receipt date pf May 20, we resubmitted the same forms)

Yours should eb on the way..

Good luck

hello ikazmi,
I got the similar notice too a week after applying in Newark.
Yesterday I received the letter for FP. They are scheduled for next week.

Any Advice how long before the schedule time do we need to go there ????

Since there is no tracking possible, I will open a new thread with NJ Newark office tracker for GC thru marriage or a Relative and we can exchange dates there....

goodluck

Waiting for the receipt in Dallas local Office for Spouse adjustment of status

Hi,

I have applied for my wife's adjustment of status(I485, I130, 325G..) after my Citizenship on last may(local office - Dallas), since then I did not receive any status (not even an acknowledgment). In fact my application got returned with in couple days asking to pay in "Cashier's check" or "money Order" (no more personal checks in Dallas office). I resent the application, but so far no receipt date. I called the 800 number, they told me it will take more than 30 working days to get the receipt date. I am wondering any one has similar experience. I have applied EAD separately, but got the FP notice for that. I have managed to check with Bank, it looks like INS has collected the money.

If any one has similar experience Please respond.

Thanks
SV