STAMPING plz help.

tagoregc

Registered Users (C)
hi,
my H1 and wife's H4 extension approved.can anybody suggest me how many days it will take for passport stamping when i sent it by mail.plz give any suggestions this is the first time for stamping in usa.
thanks

tagoregc said:
hi,
my H1 and wife's H4 extension approved.can anybody suggest me how many days it will take for passport stamping when i sent it by mail.plz give any suggestions this is the first time for stamping in usa.
thanks

If you never had H visa stamped in your passport you cannot get it re-stamped at Dept of State.

nkm-oct23 said:
If you never had H visa stamped in your passport you cannot get it re-stamped at Dept of State.
thanks!!!
actually i had stamping in india.extension has approved for h1 and h4.i am planning to stamping in usa.
thanks

tagoregc said:
hi,
thanks

According to the Visa Office , it takes 10 to 12 weeks for stamping. Do refer the http://travel.state.gov/hlop.html webpage for the latest information. I have done this twice( onec for transfer and the other for extension ) with absolutely no problems.

Good Luck.

Sometimes this year all US visas will require that biometric information like fingerprints to be included in the visa. This means that all visa applicants will have to apply in person, no matter what and this also means that visa revalidation facilities will end because of this requirement. There was a new report that this is going to happen sometime in July this year.
Send your visa applications soon!

Gurus,

When applying for stamping there is a question whether immigration has been applied for you or on your behalf.

My question is if I140 has been applied should you say yes.

What is the chance of getting your visa stamped in India if you answer yes to the above question?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Sh_Ad

Sh_Ad said:
Gurus,

When applying for stamping there is a question whether immigration has been applied for you or on your behalf.

My question is if I140 has been applied should you say yes.

What is the chance of getting your visa stamped in India if you answer yes to the above question?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Sh_Ad

Depends on which visa you are applying. If it is H or L, then you are OK. If it is any other visa ( like B or F) you will be most likely rejected.

H1 Stamping

Hello,

I have got my H1 extension in Feb'04 till Oct'06.
Now I have changed my employer and got new H1-Approval in June'04.
I'm planning to go to India in Sep and do I need to go to Chennai Consulate to get a visa stamp of the new employer or can I still enter US wnen I return with the old stamp and current approval.
I would appreciate if someone could share the info.

Thanks