stamping exp at philly

canus_immi

Volunteer Moderator
We went to philly last friday for stamping .
we went there arround 8:15 am and waitied for 15 min outside because our infopass appointment at 8:45am , at 8:30 they allowed us inside .

surrendered our appointment paper at 8:30 am at the first counter (counter no 6).
The officer Called us at 8:40 am and asked us all the documents, including 485 reciept . after that she stamp on the passport.The whole process took 15 min.

But to our surprise, There are no keywords on the stamp like "US IMMIGRATION blah blah" etc...,except key word i-551
How do the people know that it is US GC stamping , if we travel outside.

Can somebody clear this please ??????????????//

more questions

canus_immi said:
We went to philly last friday for stamping .
we went there arround 8:15 am and waitied for 15 min outside because our infopass appointment at 8:45am , at 8:30 they allowed us inside .

surrendered our appointment paper at 8:30 am at the first counter (counter no 6).
The officer Called us at 8:40 am and asked us all the documents, including 485 reciept . after that she stamp on the passport.The whole process took 15 min.

But to our surprise, There are no keywords on the stamp like "US IMMIGRATION blah blah" etc...,except key word i-551
How do the people know that it is US GC stamping , if we travel outside.

Can somebody clear this please ??????????????//

Does anyone know which option to select to get INFOPASS for passport stamping after 485 Approval?

Any one who has been to Philly, is it advisable to go on Monday early morning without Infopass?.

Thanks in advance

will_be_there said:
Does anyone know which option to select to get INFOPASS for passport stamping after 485 Approval?

Any one who has been to Philly, is it advisable to go on Monday early morning without Infopass?.

Thanks in advance

Philly is no longer accepting walki-in. Brother why do you take wrong move when life is easy for you. take earliest appointment say at 7:30 am . JUst go and there arroubnd 7:15 and comeback at 7:45 and attend your work .you nned not wast time for stamping

I-551 means "Processed for Green Card or Alien Registration" and the next time you enter the country you will see that the IIO's at the Port of entry are familiar and well aware of what that means so dont worry.