Stamping at Portland OR

paulclarke1

Registered Users (C)
Got to Portland BCIS office around 1:30PM (after having lunch at Todai and getting my last set of ADIT photo's for a while hopefully). There were about 4 people in front of us waiting in line for the triage window. We were given a number (23) and they were serving 16. There were 2 officers working customer service and after an hour or so we were called up to the window, where a very nice lady filled in the I-89 form for the plastic card. She took our passports and came back with them stamped, then proceeded to make a mistake filling mine out and had to take it away and stamp it again. We then signed the I-89 form and she took our index finger prints and we were done. The paperwork took about 10 minutes. She did not ask for EAD's or AP paperwork, so I still have these and she did not mention how long it would be for the plastic card. We were out just before 3:00PM

Some observations. These BCIS offices are just squalid, I can see why the people who work there always seem to be in a bad mood, it must be the cheap fluorescent lighting. Getting there in the afternoon seemed to be a good idea as there were not too many people. The I-551 stamp is a very anti-climatic thing. The wording and presentation is as follows.

PROCESSED FOR I-551
TEMPORARY EVIDENCE
LAWFUL ADMINSSION FOR
PERMANENT RESIDENCE
VALID UNTIL:___________
EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED
INT. & DATE:___________
COA:_________
DOE:_________
POE:_________

After 51 months from the time my company agreed to sponser me to the time I was approved, you know I was hoping for something a bit more elaborate. Maybe a nice eagle stamp perhaps. They could be on a nice little earner if the sold commemorative certificates or lawful permanent resident teeshirts.
Yes I know I am being a little ungreatful!

Paul , I know what you mean, but for now I'd be happy to have that "anti-climatic" I-551 stamp on my passport. I guess the permanent residency issue would come up more subtle ways than one would imagine.

Congrats Paul! Finally its over.

I am in San Francisco right now and will be going for Stamping as soon as I get my papers. But due to some urgent office work I will have to come to Portland for 2-3 weeks. I was just wondering if I can do the stamping out in Portland.

So that I also can get finally over with. :)

I read that they ask for address for mailing the Plastic Card. Can it be some other address then where we will be staying( like some friends whos bought Home- their address)?? :confused:

Honestly I Don't Remember

I do not remember showing them my DL. I think all they wanted to see was my PP, but I can't remember. Sorry. I know they did not ask for EAD or AP, all they took was the I-94. You definitaly have to show photo ID to the security guards to get into the building, but they do not keep any records. I am sorry I can't offer any guidance on the DL thing.