Stamped. Details on infopass & how it works in Dallas -

jamborees

Registered Users (C)
We got our passports stamped.

I thought I would put down details of how infopass and appointment at dallas works:

Making an infopass appointment:

1. Go to uscis website and click on infopass.
2. Follow the links to make the appointment. Appointments are given out for 2 weeks delay. That is, if you take an appointment today, you will get it for the day after 2 weeks from today.
3. Print out the appointment sheet. Make sure that you print out after clicking on "click here to print". Otherwise, the barcode may not show up in the print out.

Notes:
1. If you need more than one appointment (for you and your spouse), make two appointments at the same time. I made the mistake of making one appointment at 7:00 and one at 7:30. In this case the two of you will have to go in at different times.
2. If you need more than one appointment, you may want to reconnect to the internet (so that you have a new IP address) before taking the second appointment. Otherwise you will not be allowed to make another appointment immediately.
3. Make the appointment early in the day. 6:30 if possible. Otherwise there is a possibility of appointments lagging, and you having to wait long - maybe even 3 hours. I waited only 5 minutes.

Showing up at the USCIS office:

1. Arrive 20 minutes before the appointment time.
2. Talk to the guard you see on the left side of the building.
3. He will ask you to stay on the side till 15 minutes before the appointment time.
4. 15 minutes before the time, you will be asked to form a line to take a number.
5. You will be given a number once you show the person at the counter the appointment print out and photo ID.
6. You will be handed back your appointment print out.

Notes:
1. If you and your spouse have appointments at different times, but close together, you can ask the person at the counter whether he can allow you to go later (with your spouse).

Now you take the number and go through XRAY, and wait. Beware, you may be called immediately. Once you are called, show the person your appointment letter, number, passport, I94, photos and EADs/APs. The person will fill up a form, take your signature and fingerprint, and stamp your passport.

That is it.

Thanks jamborees,

A quick question. What option did you choose in the type of appointment ??

--pr

jamborees,

I can get only one infopass. I was trying to take one for each member. After the first one it says cannot schedule any more. Of course it let me if I go with a diffrent IP. Is it the case with others too

--pr