1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSN for minor child.

Discussion in 'General I-485 and Related Issues' started by Beacon Pc, May 29, 2002.

  1. Beacon Pc

    Beacon Pc Registered Users (C)

    I recently applied for AOS. My son is on H-4 and is 7yr old. He does not have a SSN. Do I have to wait till AOS is completed to apply for his SSN?
    He has TIN now.
  2. krsna

    krsna Registered Users (C)

    Yes, You have to wait for the approval.

    The Social Security office needs to see the approval stamp on the passport/EAD card to issue the SS Number. As the child is only 7 years old he will have to wait for the approval.
    The Socail Security web site can be helpful if you need it: http://www.ssa.gov/

Share This Page