Spouse Derivate's 485

Grandhipal

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Our PD became current on June 1st and my 485 got approved on June 4th and I am primary applicant. This is EB3 (India) with PD 05/02/2002 at NSC. However there is no LUD on spouse derivative application until now. Our applications are filed together. I understand typically both 485s get approved at the same time. What could be the reason in our case? What can be done in such a case?

Is there a separate name check for primary applicant and the dependents? If one of the name checks are not completed yet, woud they approve one application and keep the other one on hold?

I would have to apply for EAD renewal for my wife next month if there is no news on her 485 by then. Last time when I was filling out the online EAD renewal application I remember writing something like - "Waiting spouse's AOS" for her. Since my application is approved now what would I say in her renewal this time?

Thanks!

Hey

Congrats on your approval. As for your question, here's a thread ongoing about that. Simply, you are not alone.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=250524

Stop by.

Hi,
Our PD became current on June 1st and my 485 got approved on June 4th and I am primary applicant. This is EB3 (India) with PD 05/02/2002 at NSC. However there is no LUD on spouse derivative application until now. Our applications are filed together. I understand typically both 485s get approved at the same time. What could be the reason in our case? What can be done in such a case?

Is there a separate name check for primary applicant and the dependents? If one of the name checks are not completed yet, woud they approve one application and keep the other one on hold?

I would have to apply for EAD renewal for my wife next month if there is no news on her 485 by then. Last time when I was filling out the online EAD renewal application I remember writing something like - "Waiting spouse's AOS" for her. Since my application is approved now what would I say in her renewal this time?

Thanks!