Spousal visa for a ladyboy

stebbinsd

Registered Users (C)
I'm in love with a Filipina ladyboy.

If the case of Perry v. Schwarzenegger reaches the Supreme Court (which it, inevitably, will), and gay marriage is ruled a Constitutional right, could I possibly bypass the passing of UAFA by doing this plan:

Bring my soul mate to the United States on some kind of temporary visa. Not necessarily a tourist visa (we're not likely to get one of those, due to an obvious intent to immigrate), but maybe an E2 visa (he can start up a little Mom & Pop fashion design store).

When he's here, in the succeeding two years, we get married (after Perry is all said and done, that's surely a foregone conclusion). When he has to go back to the Philippines, I can get him a K3 visa, he comes to the US, this time to stay, and the homophobic Philippines can go **** themselves.

Would that work?

Unfortunately, as USCIS operates on the federal level, they do not recognize same sex marriage. Therefore it is not possible to obtain a spousal or fiance visa for someone of the same sex.

Unfortunately, as USCIS operates on the federal level, they do not recognize same sex marriage. Therefore it is not possible to obtain a spousal or fiance visa for someone of the same sex.

If the case of Perry v. Schwarzenegger reaches the Supreme Court (which it, inevitably, will), and gay marriage is ruled a Constitutional right,
What part of this section did you not understand?

What part of this section did you not understand?

You gave no link to the case. My understanding of this is that it is still at a state level, not a federal level.

Without giving full details of the case (or a verifiable link) I have no idea what gives you the right to be so rude?

You want full details and a verifiable link? How about the official site for the Perry v. Schwarzenegger case?

https://ecf.cand.uscourts.gov/cand/09cv2292/

How's that for "full details and a verifiable link?"

Oh, and Perry v. Schwarzenegger was never, ever, on state level. It started in federal district court.

EDIT: And, what gives me the right to be so rude? Maybe because you're so ignorant of the goings-on in America's legal system. It's not like this case is some obscure one. You can find oodles of information about it with a simple google search: Perry v. Schwarzenegger.

It's not that bloody complicated! This case is common knowledge! Everyone knows about it (well, at least everyone from the fifth grade, up)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Again!!! Extreme rudeness!!

I try my best to keep up with current events, but obviously this case slipped by me. That in no way makes me ignorant and I find you extremely offensive. If youre wanting 'free' advise from the internet I suggest that being insulting to forum members is not going to get you any favours.
Ive helped numerous people on this forum (usually on information that I regard as 'common knowledge' but not ONCE have I called them ignorant/having the knowledge of a fifth grader)- Im just not that person. Once again I apologise for not knowing about this case- but that does not warrant such a bad attitude against me.

Have a good evening

I'll continue spending my time 'smartening up' with issues that directly affect me (ie, legislation regarding children with disabilities in education) before I'll spend my time with same sex immigration legislation. So I'm pretty smart about issues that directly affect me and the clients I work with.

So I guess Im all 'smartened' up now.

I thought you were going to stop posting in this thread.

Why else would you end your last post with "good evening?"

In that context, you mean "good evening" to mean "goodbye."