Sponsoring sister who is married and have kids

adnanusa

Registered Users (C)
My US citizen wife want to apply the green card for her sisters who is already married and have 2 kids (12 years old and 14 years old).

I know that the process takes about 10+ years but the question is, is this doable?

Once her sister gets the green card does that apply to her family as well?
Does the green card process only applies to her?
And when she obtain the green card she can apply for her kids and husband?
What if she had a new baby?

Is the 10+ year rule apply to citizen of all countries? What about Saudi Arabia?

Thank you for all your feeback

My US citizen wife want to apply the green card for her sisters who is already married and have 2 kids (12 years old and 14 years old).

I know that the process takes about 10+ years but the question is, is this doable?
yes

Once her sister gets the green card does that apply to her family as well?
Yes. Her spouse and minor children can be listed as derivatives.

What if she had a new baby?
It can be added to the petition.

Is the 10+ year rule apply to citizen of all countries? What about Saudi Arabia?
It's not a rule. It's just based on the current visa numbers. People born in Mexico and Philippines have to wait even longer.

Her sister's spouse and children can get green cards along with her, except that the children are likely to age out (i.e. turn 21 years old).

There is the CSPA age adjustment that may enable them to immigrate when they're a few years older than 21, but they shouldn't count on it. The wait for the sibling category is already at 12 years, which would mean the kids are expected to turn 24 and 26 before the case is ripe for an interview.

Last edited by a moderator: