1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

sponsor brother

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by manny73, Apr 11, 2012.

1. manny73

manny73 Registered Users (C)

I am in the process of sponsoring my brother. My brother was on a H1b visa. He lost his job and visa. He overstayed for a few months and then went back.

He had a Green Card petition, and the petition also got cancelled after he lost his job. Do we need to answer Yes or No to the question on I-130 that have you ever been on the immigration proceedings?

thanks
    Manny
  2. Triple Citizen

Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

If an I-140 was submitted for him, then answer "Yes"

3. ananga73

ananga73 Registered Users (C)

Yes because the cancellation of the I-140 application falls under Rescission
  4. manny73

manny73 Registered Users (C)

No....there was no I-140 filed for him. Only the PERM labor application was filed, and he lost his job after that. So does that means there was no immigration proceedings??
  5. Jackolantern

Jackolantern Registered Users (C)

Answer NO to that question if he simply left the US on his own without having any kind of an immigration hearing or being notified of proceedings against him.
  6. Triple Citizen

Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

Correct. You initially gave incorrect information that resulted in incorrect responses :)