"Special Handling" for Educator

bighead126

Registered Users (C)
I tried to find some info in this site. However, it seems that there is not much about that.

I am teaching in a college. I heard that the special handling for Eucator saves some time. Anyone is in a similar situation? How long does it usually take? Please share your experience.

Thanks a lot.

I also heard that. My lawyer confirmed that. But I still cannot find any info on the web about the special handling.:(

Special handling

Special handling means that the DOL does not have to advertise etc. Your case will be processed as RIR (even though you are not RIR). I applied under special handling for faculty. My details are:

EB2 - Special Handling (University Professor)
RI SESA Case Number - 02118
PD - 11/20/01
DOL Entered date - 06/20/02
DOT Code: 090-227-010
DOT Case No. - 013217XX

It's been close to one year and I am yet to get the approval from Regional DOL (Boston).

Last week, I called Boston DOL to find out the case status. The lady who answered the call expressed surprise as to why the case is not yet cleared as it is under the category of "special handling". She then enquired with an analyst and mentioned that my labor will definitely be certified in two weeks..

I feel that my lawyer should have called and followed up. Follow up would perhaps quicken the process of labor certification.

Another question

Are those special handling case on the same queue as the rest of RIR cases?

Thanks for the reply. It is really valuable information.

My lawyer said it's a different track from RIR. The special handling is faster than RIR. But I could not find any offical document to confirm this.

How much advertisement is required for special handling?

Thanks for the information provided.How much advertisement is required for a University teaching position (to be processed through special handling)?

Where to find the DOL phone number?

greenrk, where did you find the regional DOL phone number? I could not find it from internet. How do you know which region?

Thanks.

Question on special handling for labor certificate

special handling for labor certificate for university teacher
For the special handling for labor certificate for university teacher, one advertisement placed at least one time in a national professional journal has to be made.

Can that journal advertisement been made after the petitioner hired its beneficiary?

When does the journal advertisement have to be made?

Anyone who has gone thorugh the special handling labor certificate, please email me at: yingjianyu@yahoo.com
I may get some advice from you.

Thanks.

LC using special handling approved

Hi Folks,

My LC using special handling has been approved recently. It used less than 6 months starting from the file date. However, it took sometime to prepare all the documents by the lawyer and my employer.

I think mine took longer than usual since they asked for more evidence to prove that I am not underpaid by the school.

Good luck.